Radeon mobility HD5430
1 1

Question

Hi,

First, i'm sorry if i do mistake! I'm french and so i don't speak english very well.

I've got a laptop HP G72-150EF

Intel core i3 330M

ATI Radeon mobility HD5430

SSD 80GB

6gb RAM

Yosemite 10.10.1 with clover boot loader 

My problem is with my graphic card. I know i've got an intel core I3 first generation with intel HD graphics but i'm sure HP has deactivate this card in BIOS. So my hackintosh see only my Radeon Mobility card.

I've find kexts for have a native resolution (1600*900), but in "about this mac" my graphic card is only 5MB.

So i'm not on full QE/CI.

Anyone can help me please?

Thanks a lot and sorry again for all mistakes.

6 answers to this question

Same. I have the same graphic card as your but my laptop is different. I had no problem in mountain lion and mavericks by just editing the kext as well as using forcededid but in yosemite is a different story. I hope Niresh could chimp in and help us both.Mine is a:

Compaq CQ42

Intel i3-350M (2.26G, 3MB L3 Cache)

Intel HM55 chipset

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5430 Graphics (512MB GDDR3 discrete memory)

Audio: ALC270

Wifi: RTL8191SE

LAN: RTL8102/8103

With Mavericks you have a Full QE/CI with ATI Radeon mobility HD5430?

If i install mavericks can you help me for configure my laptop correctly for graphic card please?

1 person likes this

With Mavericks you have a Full QE/CI with ATI Radeon mobility HD5430?

If i install mavericks can you help me for configure my laptop correctly for graphic card please?

Bonjour, i have success with the card in yosemite. I just figure it out. Its quite a long step, I typed by myself entirely, i hope I'm not too naggy :) I hope this will be a christmas present from me to you :) Merry christmas. But first thing first, you must have clover boot loader instead of chameleon or chimera. I had success using clover boot loader:

1. If you do not know how to install clover, follow this the setting i found somewhere. I have attached it at the bottom of this post. After installing clover don't restart, Then you need to download clover configurator. open it, mount your efi partition it will show enter your password, enter it, once done, click open efi partition. Then you are in clover configurator, on the top, click file>import configuration>config.plist. if it does not show the config.plist then you click efi(at the left hand side)>clover>config.plist. Because both of us is a hp laptop, and for some reasons we will get kernel panic if we don't have the cpus=1 kernel flag in the boot loader, so u need to go to Kernel and Kext Patches, and click the Kernel Lapic.After this go to file, export configurations as and save. (Don't change the name or so, just save).

2. First follow this guide for the laptop display to have fixed the scrambled, stretched and wrong resolution. For this we called it forcededid : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/208410-fixing-scrambledstretched-or-wrong-resolution-laptop-display-problems/ 

3. Are you able to boot into windows or so? If yes, go to Windows->DeviceManger->VideoCard.properties->compatibleIDs. In my case my compaq cq42 id was 0x68E11002.

4. After finding your device id, i need you to boot to OS X where you will need to use the terminal and type this: cp /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext/Contents/Info.plist ~/Desktop . After typing that, you may discover that your desktop have a file called info.plist, i need you to open this using textedit, click find cedar, then under cedar there will be IOPCIMatch and as you can see there is a device id 0x68E01002. Simply replace that with the device id you found in windows. After replace, simply save it using the same plist extensions not txt extensions. After saving type this in terminal: sudo cp ~/Desktop/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext/Contentsafter that, sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/* Restart after you have done with this.

5. Go to system/library/extensions, look for the kext called AMD5000Controller.kext, right click show package contents, click in contents, and open the info.plist using textedit. Look for IOPCIMatch, there are a lot of device id, carefully look at those and see is there a device id that is the same as yours, if same then you do not need to change anything. Else, change one that is similar to yours.

6. Go to clover configurator that you have downloaded just now again, mount your efi partition it will show enter your password, enter it, once done, click open efi partition. Then you are in clover configurator, on the top, click file>import configuration>config.plist. if it does not show the config.plist then you click efi>clover>config.plist. Once you imported the config.plist, you go to Graphics, click on the injectati, injectedid, loadvbios. Then in the FBName, you typed in Langur. After this go to file, export configurations as and save. (Don't change the name or so, just save). Reboot and voila! You have QE/CI! 

*Also* If you want, i can upload my files, I'm not sure will it be the same a not for the displayproductid-717 as well as the device id but if you want you may give it a shot. :)

post-14507-0-63190400-1419428970_thumb.j

Sorry i can't test this before.

First,

Tanks you very very much for all this time.

Second, do you speak french?

If yes it will be easiest lol

If no, can you help me step by step because i don't understund all your tuto.

Thanks

Finally, i spend a lot of time but i understand all your tutorial.

But i've gt the same problem. Resolution stay 1024*768 and 3mb vram.

I try to install a fully functional hackintosh on my hp g72-50ef still 1 year and i dont want to stop now just because my graphics card don't want to be ok.

Please please please please please please help me  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Hi,

Wouahh i work hard for have a good hackintosh!!!

so, when i boot with my laptop's screen i've got  black screen,

I have put an HDMI cable my laptop and on an external screen!

Miracle, no black screen at boot but.... grrrrr but.... screen is very strange:

18205_IMG_0450.jpg

No, no it's not a bug of the forum lol :D  :D , i have this screen when i boot with n external screen. 

i have try to do a capture of the "screen" (not very clear so it was difficult to view correctly what i was doing)

57973_Sans_titre.png

and

88836_Sans_titre1.png

so, we can see on the first screenshot, my graphic card has 512mo ram (nice), don't look name of the graphic card, it's in my clover's config plist. on the second screenshot, we can see that i've got a native resolution (1600*900)

So, my graphic card is partial operational with an external screen (resolution and ram ok but "scramble")

can anyone help me to have a good splay on my laptop's screen please?