Troubleshooting: Issuing Boot Flags
3 3

Question

Troubleshooting: Issuing Boot FlagsYou may have to type extra boot arguments in the system at the boot screen. You can hit arrow-down as well on the boot screen to access some standard boot options. Here are a list of things you can try in order to troubleshoot booting. You will have to troubleshoot this part yourself according to your own hardware specs. Here are some common boot flags.GraphicsEnabler=NoNo bootloader help for injection of graphics card devices and names. See Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx/7xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No-vVerbose Mode- allowing you to see the loading of the OS instead of the Apple Boot Screen. Same as holding "v" on a Mac at startup.-xSafe Mode- loads only basic drivers. Same as holding "x" on a Mac at startup.-sSingle user mode- allows user to access the command line before booting the OS. Same as holding "s" on a Mac at startup.npci=0x3000This setting may be necessary on motherboards using Fermi and Kepler NVIDIA cards for installation.PCIRootUID=0PCIRootUID=1 is Necessity For Award Bios User. Set it manually to 0 Or 1 by typing this command at the boot screen above.Timeout=Number of seconds to countdown before choosing the default partition.Scan Single Drive=Yes | NoScan the drive only where the booter got loaded from. Fix rescan pbs when using a DVD reader in AHCI mode .Instant Menu=Yes | NoForce displaying the partition selection menu.GUI=Yes | NoEnable/Disable the GUI.Boot Banner=Yes | NoShow boot banner in GUI mode.Wait=Yes | NoPrompt for a key press before starting the kernel.DSDT=Use an alternate DSDT.aml file [Defaults /DSDT.aml /Extra/DSDT.aml]DropSSDT=Yes | NoSkip the SSDT tables while relocating the ACPI tables.RestartFix=Yes | NoIf disabled, no FACP patch will be done at boot time.CSTUsingSystemIO=Yes | NoGenerateCStates=Yes | NoEnable auto generation of processor idle sleep statesGeneratePStates=Yes | NoEnable auto generation of processor power performance states .EnableC2State=Yes | NoEnable specific Processor power state, C2.EnableC3State=Yes | NoEnable specific Processor power state, C3.EnableC4State=Yes | NoEnable specific Processor power state, C4.Wake=Yes | NoDisable wake up after hibernation .ForceWake=Yes | NoForce using the sleepimage .Hide Partition="[;...]"Remove unwanted partition(s) from the boot menu. Specified, possibly multiple times, as hd(x,y), an uuid or label enclosed in quotes .Rename Partition"="[;...]"Rename partition(s) for the boot menu. Where partition is hd(x,y), uuid or label enclosed in quotes. The alias can optionally be quoted too.SMBIOS=Use an alternate SMBIOS.plist file [Defaults /Extra/SMBIOS.plist]SMBIOSdefaults=Yes | NoDon't use the default values for smbios.plistPCIRootUID=0 | 1Use an alternate value for PciRoot.AtiPorts=<0-6>Change the number of graphics ports reported to OSX.AtiConfig=Use a different framebuffer personality.UseAtiROM=Yes | NoUse an alternate Ati ROM image with path /Extra/__.romUseNvidiaROM=Yes | NoUse an alternate Nvidia ROM image with path /Extra/_.romVBIOS=Yes | NoInject NVIDIA VBIOS into device-properties.EthernetBuiltIn=Yes | NoAutomatic device-properties generation for ethernet interfaces.GraphicsEnabler=Yes | NoAutomatic device-properties generation for gfx cards.ForceHPET=Yes | NoForce Enable HPET .USBBusFix=Yes | NoEnable all of the USB fixesEHCIacquire=Yes | NoEnable the EHCI fix .UHCIreset=Yes | NoEnable the UHCI fix .USBLegacyOff=Yes | NoEnable the USB Legacy fix.EHCIhard=Yes | Nocpus=Force physical cpus count (all cores in all cpus), use only if autodetection doesn't work.darkwake=0 | 1npci=0xGoverns the initialization order and method of the PCI bus [Default 0x3000].AHCIDisk=Increases AHCI debugging level, usually "1" when OS X boots too quicklydart=0 | 1Enables or disables extended memory mappingnv_disable=0 | 1Disables QE/CI on nVidia graphics cards .Basic TroubleshootingDSDT=NullThis option can be used to troubleshoot systems using UserDSDT.config=NullThis option nullifies the effects of the current org.chameleon.Boot.plistsmbios=NullThis option nullifies the effects of the current smbios.plist.npci=0x3000 | 0x2000 | (nothing)These options control the initialization order and can prevent random kernel panics.cpus=1This is usually necessary for laptops, and CPUs that are unknown to the OS.PCIRootUID=0 | 1These options depend on the graphics card and prevent hangs at [PCI Configuration begin]

Edited by Deepak
8 people like this

2 answers to this question

how can i run asus dvd player when i insert a dvd movie?...
my pc's config...

intel core-i 3.
ram - 4GB DDR3
HDD 1TB
Grfx-radeon 5450HD
Etharnet built in... i don't know...

and now i installed mountain lion 10.8.5 niresh with update kext 10.
please help me..... please

i am not able to see niresh mavericks boot screen after booting to usb drive which has niresh mavrick os x written on it using boot disk utility / and also tried writing with Transmac same issue Grub bootloader starts when i select usb for boot, i am running on dual boot windows 7 and ubuntu..... someone please reply how to boot usb