Help For AMD Athlon II X3 435 2.9Ghz
1 1

Question

Hi,

I'm starting this topic to ask you guys help, in order to figure some things out.

My system has this information

CPU : AMD Athlon II X3 435 2.9Ghz

RAM : 3Gb (2 Gb + 1Gb)

MoBo : ASUS M3N78-VM

HDD : 256 Gb Sata

GPU : Nvidia GT 440 1Gb Gigabyte

Monitor connected via VGA cable.

Wich kernel should I use and wich bootflags are reccomended for my system if someone has a clue?

Thank you in advance.

1 answer to this question

There are several AMD kernels included in the Yosemite distro: amd, amd1, amd2, amd32, amd64, and amdfx. you just try them out. you tell the system to use or choose the kernel by inserting /amd or what ever kernel you choose when entering the bootflags when booting. If you can boot up from the USB drive and get to the install procedure then most likely the kernel you choose is working (but perhaps not 100%)

If you can install the operating system to your hard drive, then you can unhide the content of the USB drive and copy the kernels to a folder on your hard drive /System/Library/Kernels/ the kernels are small files in the root of the USB. Now after copying the kernels to the hard drive then you can try them out each and everyone by selecting different kernels when booting your computer by inserting a boot flag /System/Library/Kernels/amd1 or what ever kernel you want totry.

I would guess other bootflags for you system would be, GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 -f but they can be other bootflags needed also .