AMD HD 7xxx on Yosemite 10.10.1
5 5

Question

Hey guys,

i still have issues with my graphiccard. I used the new Niresh release and all works fine now, but the graphics are extremly laggy. I dont now how to solve that, i can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

When I try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes i got an instant error ( see picture ).

post-145627-0-14372400-1419413865_thumb.

My Hardware are the following:

AMD FX-8350

ASRock 970 Extreme4

AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

post-145627-0-14372400-1419413865_thumb.

9 answers to this question

Try booting with Chameleon bootloader and flag : GraphicsEnabler=No

If it doesn't work try adding AtiConfig=Chutoro and change GraphicsEnabler=NoYes <- See which one works best.

If chutoro doesn't work, try these :  Aji Buri Dashimaki Ebi Gari

To see if your graphics card is enabled after booting, go to the top left corner menu and click on "About this Mac", it will recognize the Graphics as HD 7xxx or maybe 7970

I tried it, but none of this options let me getting greate graphics........

I have FX8350 with HD5450 no graphics i think its FX8350 problem

Nope, FX is totally not your problem. Since you can boot with GraphicsEnabler=No that means that your graphics card is recognized but you have no acceleration. Which means you cannot use it for doing anything even slightly graphical. If you go to "About this mac" on the apple menu you will see that the graphics is recognized as 7 MB. Which is your problem. Keep GraphicsEnabler=no and try to install different kexts with kext wizard. What is your OSX version? If it is Yosemite, then the graphics will not work with the original kexts. Also, I thought you said you had the Radeon HD 7900 series? I have the R9 280x which has the same chip as the 7970 and it does not work with Yosemite. If you have the HD5450 then you definitely need to replace some kexts.  You also need a different AtiConfig flag :

AtiConfig=Shrike or

AtiConfig=Eulemur or

AtiConfig=Hoolock

Your kexts for the HD5450 are AMD5000Controller and AMDRadeonX3000. Check your device id from the system configuration option on the "About this mac" window and copy it in the info.plist of those kexts. Sadly, I am unable to help you further. Check this post as well :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298681-amd-hd5450/

This says you should use Clover as a bootloader, but my experience says that Clover and AMD graphics don't work our well. Stick to the latest chameleon bootloader.

Hope it helps!

Yes i have a HD 7xxxx. It makes mehr sag to hear that it is no possible to get it working. I will give the AtiConfig flags a try. Is it maybe possible to use kext from Mavericks ? I got good graphics on 19.1 and maybe the same kext are working on Yosemite ?

well tryed to edit AMD5000Controller and AMDRadeonX3000 with my  device id but stuked at white screen and spining colorfull wheel

4 days no luck tryed evrythink available on internet i will pay if any one help me to work this :(

I excuse me I know I 'm a noob but maybe I could help you

I have a R9 280X wich is the same as a hd7970, I never tried it with Yosemite (I'm trying to make it working now) but in Mavericks I made it working with GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No and AtiConfig=Hamachi or AtiConfig=Tahiti

I excuse me I know I 'm a noob but maybe I could help you

I have a R9 280X wich is the same as a hd7970, I never tried it with Yosemite (I'm trying to make it working now) but in Mavericks I made it working with GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No and AtiConfig=Hamachi or AtiConfig=Tahiti

Yup, it works with Mavericks on vanilla kexts with GE=Yes, but there is no luck with Yosemite.

To answer the previous question, reverting the kexts from Mavericks didn't work with me. I got an ACPI platform kernel panic. It is extremely difficult to go into editing ACPI kexts.

Also, after changing the kexts to include your id, did you try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No and AtiConfig flags? Try GE=No first and then add the AtiConfig if this doesn't work. The fact that you are in the white screen means that the graphics are recognized and it is stuck at configuring the accelerator. Try these and report back!

I have 7970 and it works native in Yosemite with clover.

1 person likes this