Problem with video card gt630 and Yosemite 10.10 or 10.10.1
4 4

Question

Hello to all it's a week i ma figthing with My hackintosh Yosemite ..speciale with compatibility of My graphic card zotac gt630 , When os is booting goes to sleep mode , even if i boot with -x .

My configuration is a desktop pc with :

Cpu amd fx 8 core

Mobo : ga-970a-ud3

Graphic : nvidia zotac gt630

Ram 8 gb

Sometimes boot well but the monitor is over size and i need to modify some parameter but ok , other time there's no way to boot and i need to restart pc 3 or 4 time....

I tried al guide on internet but no way ...

Please help.

6 answers to this question

I have that video card and its working 100%.

Are you sure you installed the kexts after setup?

if there you did, you have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes 

Check mine

GT630.png?dl=0

If you just backup the kexts you may didnt installed, just download "kext utility" and then drag the  backup kexts for nvidia that are in "Volume/backup/GraphicsKexts/Nvidia"  to it, reboot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it should work.

Try this and tell me what happen

1 person likes this

i set up chameleon to boot with graphicenabler=no but no way .

the only way is to start up with -s and make back up of all kext graphic drive ..ok in this way software

start but it's so slow open or close a folder and refresh also...

about boot with /amd i used during installation if i try to boot post installation with /amd tell me incorrect command .. 

it's frustrating :(

i have a GeForce GT 620 1GB Card and i was trying to use unibeast & multibeast and i could never get into the installer and then i tried MacPwn Yosemite and my video card worked right in the installer and right after but i had to use clover as the boot loader after yosemite was installed 

Hello 

so i followed the int of  Zavier and it worked .. i installed again nvidia kext only and now is working ..i already did 2 restart and looks is running now.

Now i need to fix the problem whit ICloud login and i Closed all problem 

thanks for Help.

1 person likes this

I have the 1GB Zotac Nvidia GeForce GT 630 and only the 2nd DVI port works (if looking right to left) for anyone having issues with this card, try the secondary DVI port. Still trying to figure out how I can get both displays connected :(