FIXED: Os X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Will Not Boot With My Amd Fx8350

Question

Hello I upgraded my PC with a new mother board and CPU, I can not get Mountain Lion 10.8.5 to boot what so ever I get the apple boot screen with the loading icon after a minute I get a circle with a line down it, I've tried all the flags that i've found on other forums with people with the same problem and nothing is working.

I booted using -v and it gets stuck on something saying waiting for root or something and it will respect the error like its trying to loads something.

17 answers to this question

Can u give full setup specs and also there are alot of help in this section on how to fix "still waiting for root device"

Use the search bar!!!! For help .also you cant get to the installation or you get stuck after installation ? Also did you setup the Bios correct?

I have 10GB RAM/ ASUS M5A 78L-M USB3 Motherboard and FX-8350 CPU/ HD 7850 GPU

Can u give full setup specs and also there are alot of help in this section on how to fix "still waiting for root device"

I have 10GB RAM/ ASUS M5A 78L-M USB3 Motherboard and FX-8350 CPU/ HD 7850 GPU Also what do i need to do with the bios as this motherboard has anew style bios looks very confusing 

OK, I found out why I was getting that Root error, I didn't change the Sata mode now it's set it boots to Install screen but the other problem I'm having is my keyboard and mouse is not working i'm getting some kinda Driver error I think.

Picture of Error

Posted Image

Please help thank you

there are 3 kernels try each of them

amd -x -v

amd64 -x -v

amdfx -x -v

there are 3 kernels try each of them

amd -x -v

amd64 -x -v

amdfx -x -v

So using one of these will fix my Keyboard and mouse problem as I was using the amdfx -v to boot last time it worked but no response from mouse andkeyboard

So using one of these will fix my Keyboard and mouse problem as I was using the amdfx -v to boot last time it worked but no response from mouse andkeyboard

Is you mouse & keyboard USB ?

For FX series amdfx -v is fine.

Is you mouse & keyboard USB ?For FX series amdfx -v is fine.

Yes it's USB wireless they both worked on my intel motherboard but I upgraded to a AMD. I've even tried a USB wired keyboard etc still nothing I did post a picture of a error I was getting

If I load using amdfx -x -v it freezes same with the other flags amd amd64 etc, if I boot using amd64 -x I get a kernel panic same with other flags if I boot with amdfx it boots to install but no mouse and keyboard same with other flags, I've looked on the bios on USB section changed a few things still nothing would be so grateful if someone could resolve my problem. Thanks

Nope Add USBBusFix=Yes That Will Solve USB Issue

Nope Add USBBusFix=Yes That Will Solve USB Issue

The os is picking up the mouse as when I push the power button once the disk has loaded to the install screen I get a white screen witch is the sleep thing if I click the mouse it disappears but the cursor or install dose not respond if you have Skype I could show you, I've also tried the flags USBBugFix=Yes etc still same unless I'm typing something in wrong?