Yosemite on AMD Athlon X2 and NVIDIA 9800 GT
2 2

Question

Hello to everyone! 

Yesterday i've tried to install the Niresh' Distro of Yosemite 10.10.

i have loaded the image file on the usb pen and i booted it. 

To boot it i write "/AMD" and it starts but at but some point to continue the installation I pressed the power button of the PC and so all uploaded.

I've accepted the contract and i use the Disk Utility to format the HD and to Install the MAC. I don't have switch the options. 

After the installation I followed this guide because i had the black screen issue. http://www.hackintosh.zone/page/hackintosh/articles/how-to/fix-grey-screen-black-screen-mac-os-x-installation-hackintosh/(Case 1) 

After it i configured the first boot of the Yosemite and i had this horribile screen. post-18793-0-23879300-1419956530_thumb.j

Now my problem is "which kext I enter in the mac?"

Now i replace to you my PC settings:

Motherboard: AsRock K10N78M --> http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/K10N78M/index.it.asp

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 240 Processor

Grphic Video: NVIDIA 9800 GT 512 MB

RAM: 4GB DDR2 Corsair

DVD drive: LG

The fan of the GPU is running at maximum and it is very boring!

Sorry for my bad english..i'm Italian! :)

Now i'm downloading the lastest release of Niresh..the Yosemite 10.10.1

If you need another info about my pc ask and i aswer to you. Thanks a lot! :) 

1 person likes this

4 answers to this question

Thats a graphics problem, you have to install the drivers for your video card, I dont know if your graphic card is compatible, but try installing the graphics kexts of nvidia, if you selected "backup graphics kexts " in the setup, they have to be in "volume/backup/kexts/graphics/nvidia/ " just install it with kext utility.

If it doesnt work, look here in the "downloads" section if there are drivers for your graphics card. 

Hi @DalboStefano, did you get this problem solved and your graphics card working correctly? I have the Same problem with my GeForce GTX 470Ti:/

HI all, just as a Short info: Installing the backup NVIDIA kext worked for my GeForce GTX 470Ti very well. Just installed it via the available Kext Wizard in Applications and reboot. Finish:)

thanks a lot.