fGPUIdleIntervalMS = 0 -- Can't get HD3000 working on Acer Aspire
1 1

Hey guys, I'm new to using forums, and somewhat experienced with Hackintoshing. I have an Acer Aspire v5 571p 6698 touchscreen laptop, which has intel hd3000 graphics, intel core i3 2377m cpu, 8gb ram, 750 gb hd, - i don't really know much else about it, if you need other specs let me know. I have absolutely everything working on Mavericks 10.9.5, including the touchscreen, minus built in wifi and Hd3000 graphics acceleration. I'm not too worried about wifi right now, i have a usb adapter for now. Anyway, I've been trying everything i can think of to get the snbframebuffer to load, but I never can. I can boot without acceleration if I delete the snbfb kext (I don't have to delete anything else, actually). I have mbp8,1 smbios, and edited dsdt with rehabmans hd3k low res patch, rename gfx0 to igpu patch, and hd3000 on 7-series patch (i believe this laptop actually does have a 7-series mobo). I managed to get rid of the "agpm controller unknown platform error" with the smbios and rename to igpu patch, but I still can't boot with snbfb. Now I either get "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload" error as I would get before, or the verbose boot stops at "fGPUIdleIntervalMS = 0" and doesn't show anything past that, and does not show the snbfb load error. If i delete the snbfb kext and boot verbose, the "fgpuidle..." still shows, but more log entries show after that, such as osxfuse starting, and the snbfb load error (obviously because it doesn't exist, in this case i deleted it). So I'm wondering if when the snb kext is in place, and the verbose boot stops at fgpuidle... , more is happening after that that i'm not seeing, possibly the snbfb load error. the problem is, I dont know if that error is there or not because it does not show anything past fgpu idle... , along with whatever else normally shows after that. if i wait about 30 seconds after the verbose gets stuck there, i can control the volume from the keyboard and hear the volume level beeps as if its booted up, just the screen is stuck on the verbose screen. I am begging for help, either help with possible boot flags, other dsdt edits, kext patches, and what "fGPUIdleIntervalMS = 0" means, and whether or not it is something I should be worrying about.

Also, as a sidenote, Considering this model laptop is only $500, has a touchscreen that is compatible with mac, and everything is working with mac, I was hoping we can raise some awareness of the existence of this laptop in the hackintosh community, and possibly get it an app like the probook installer to help with these edits and patches I have to do to get graphics working. In other words, with the hackintosh community's help getting this last feature working on this laptop, if it does end up working, I would like to have it gain some recognition in the community as one of the most hackintoshable laptops out there, like the probook. It is much less chunky than a probook, has a working touchscreen, is cheap, and hopefully can be just as easy to hackintosh as a probook with the help of the hackintosh community to get the garphics working, and then make an app for it like the probook installer (or at least a really easy to use guide).

Thank you guys so so much in advance for any insight you can give me.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet