[Request] AMD R9 280x Kext for Yosemite
2 2

3 posts in this topic

OK, I have a 280x Sapphire video card. This card worked on Mavericks perfectly with Chameleon and the vanilla kexts and it was recognized as a 7xxx card. In my research I have found that the 280x has the same framebuffer and characteristics as the HD 7970 so the kext recognizes it as a 7xxx series. 

After updating to Yosemite, the vanilla kext doesnt load and I get stuck before the login screen. It boots up in safe mode and recognizes the card as 7xxx series. I have tried different SMBIOSes but none work. I have tried reverting the ones from Mavericks and I got KP.

I have never done a request so I don't know what else is needed. If I can help somehow, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

OK, I have a 280x Sapphire video card. This card worked on Mavericks perfectly with Chameleon and the vanilla kexts and it was recognized as a 7xxx card. In my research I have found that the 280x has the same framebuffer and characteristics as the HD 7970 so the kext recognizes it as a 7xxx series. 

After updating to Yosemite, the vanilla kext doesnt load and I get stuck before the login screen. It boots up in safe mode and recognizes the card as 7xxx series. I have tried different SMBIOSes but none work. I have tried reverting the ones from Mavericks and I got KP.

I have never done a request so I don't know what else is needed. If I can help somehow, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Hello dear, will you please tell me how you get your r9 280x card work on maverick? I have the same card and I am new to hackintosh. I have managed to make everything work but graphics card is not working. and I have tried to move the bootloader to EFI partition following the instruction given here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition/ but for some reason, I got an error after I use this commad "fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0". I installed maverick using niresh maverick, I did not use unibeast to install maverick. maybe that is why it failed when I followed that tutorial. Now I am very very desperate. I do not know how to get it work. Please please tell me how I can make my graphics card work.
My System specs:

core i5 4590
MB : Asus H81M-E

SSD: transcend 370s 256 GB
Graphics: Sapphire Vapor-x R9 280X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  
Please help me. thanks a lot.

Sry, I just saw this post. I installed the latest chameleon (enoch) bootloader and I booted using these flags : "AtiConfig=kFutomaki AtiPorts=4 GraphicsEnabler=Yes". Try it with GraphicsEnabler=No initially and if it works OK then turn it on and see if it runs.