Unable to use TransMac

Question

Hello, any other way bring .dmg to USB without using a Mac?

TransMac on Windows doesn't work. I bought it to restore to USB, but it takes very very long 12h+ to copy it on .Even with a USB 3.0 Stick, native Windows copy is fine&fast, After all, i got EBIOS read error on Boot.

So all transfers with transmac are slow/broken, is there another programm? I remember W32DiskImager works well on your 10.9 distro, but i doesnt on 10.10.1

3 answers to this question

push

I really need a alternative, as TransMac would be need around half day to finish. This programm is really broken, why its even recommand?

I don't want running a VM just to push dmg to my stick.. What a waste of time :)

After all i installed a new & fresh Windows 8.1.

Issue is still the same, TransMac needs 12hours+ to finish. After all the suffer i can't even boot, also the whole stick is shown as empty inTransMac, i just got a empty folder called "yosemite".

Please somebody give me a thought.

(The stick works fine on Rufus USB-Tool, nothing broke here)

1 person likes this

I've had this same problem and fixed it by simply installing an older version of transmac. http://transmac.software.informer.com/10.0/ originally I had version 11.2, which is poop by the way. but yes, version 10 works just fine for me and finished in about 15 minutes compared to 11.2 so give that a try. sorry for the super late response as i'm just running into this problem myself or else i probably would've helped you way earlier. hope this helps you :rock: