Maverick 10.9 not being installed with AMD Phenom II x4 945 with Asus M4A785TD-V EVO MotherBoard
1 1

Question

@,

I'm tring to install Maverick 10.9 using USB DMG image

but not being installed with AMD Phenom II x4 945 with Asus M4A785TD-V EVO MotherBoard, ATI Radeon HD200 GPU and AMD 785G/SB710 chipset.

I tried /amd64 -v -f ncpi 0x2000 and ncpi 0x3000 GraphicEnabler=Yes cpus=1 USBBusFix=Yes many other boot flags but all the times it stucks at

"PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN" and after some time system sleeps not processing futher.

could you pls. Help me to fix this issue?

Thanks,

gr8light

15 answers to this question

@Mention

Thanks for your suggestion but it didn't worked for me. Still having same issue with options you suggested.

is there any other options can help me?

@gr8light What output are you getting when you tried the boot flags I suggested? Is the system still freezing at the same point? "PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN"

@Mention

Yes, system still freezing at the same point "PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN" with the boot flags you suggested.

@gr8light Did you try PCIRootUID=0 as berto5 suggested?

Try the following variations:

amd64 -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000
amd64 -v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000
amd64 -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000
amd64 -v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000

I understand this may seem like you're going round in circles and is long winded - but it's unique to every system, so it's just trial and error until we find the right boot flags.

1 person likes this

@

I tried all of the boot flags combinations you suggested but still having same situation.

process stucks at "PIC CONFIGURATION BEGIN" and after 10 to 15 mins system goes to sleep mode, nothing happened. I've to reboot the system each time.

does it has any issue with on board graphic chipset? does it required to have external graphics card? If it does, pls. suggest any.

I tried /amd64 -v -f ncpi 0x2000 and ncpi 0x3000 GraphicEnabler=Yes cpus=1 USBBusFix=Yes many other boot flags but all the times it stucks at

I have just noticed you have typed the npci boot flag as "npci 0x2000" here - is this how you typed it in the boot menu? Please make sure you type it as "npci=0x2000".

@rhedges

yes, I type it as "npci=0x2000" and used different variations you suggested earlier but didn't worked for me.

Still the same situation.

I copied all the kext from no npci zip to Extra/Extension and Packages/Kexts folder one by one and tried all the combination of boot flags but still no luck.