Unable to run installer (VMWare Player 7, standard setup)
1 1

Question

I  have been playing about with installing Yosemite using the Zone (10.10.1) installation ISO on various VMs over the past few days (VirtualBox and VMWare player 6 successfully). Today I installed VMWare player 7 and ran Unlocker 2.0.3. Created a VM, selecting 10.10 as the OS. When I tried to boot the installation disc, I got about 50% of the way through the progress bar when it froze.

I restarted the installer in verbose mode and it freezes on "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!". now I know that this is likely a graphics issue, and that if it was happening on booting the OS when installed it can be resolved by booting in single user mode and removing some files. How can I fix it when running the installer?

I haven't posted my system specs as I am running in a VM, but if they are still relevant, let me know and I'll update the post.

Edit:

I have tried booting the installer in safe mode, but I get a kernel panic early on ("Process 1 exec of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 2"

I have also tried (from reading various topics):

SkipIntelGfx=Yes

GraphicsEnabler=No

Edit 2:

Attached is what I see when it freezes in verbose mode.

post-153995-0-31716500-1420655029_thumb.

2 answers to this question

I have since tried to set the VM type to "Other 64 bit" as this previously worked, but now I get the same "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" error, the only difference being that just before it, I get:

com.apple.xpc.launchd process exited with abnormal exit code 71.

What is stranger still is that after the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" error, the installer starts normally - how is that happening?

Are there any disadvantages in installing as "Other 64 bit" instead of "OS X 10.10"?

Edit:

After completing the installation, I restarted and was greeted with a Clover boot menu even though I had only selected Chameleon. When I tried to select any of the options, everything just freezes.

I have tried running the vanilla app store installer and so far, it boots fine - is there something in the Zone installer that I can disable with boot flags that I'm missing that would allow it to boot. I feel that since the vanilla disc boots and the Zone disc is based on it, there should be something.