Installation Issues With AMD
12 12

Question

I tried to install Yosemite 10.10, the first release by Hackintosh Zone for AMD processors, and had no success as I was always stuck between the boot and login screen, the only way i would make it past was in safe mode which is almost useless.

Has anyone had any success on an FX-8xxx Series CPU with the latest version of Yosemite-Zone (10.10.1). If so, what boot-flags do you use? 

My build:
CPU: AMD FX-8320, 3.5ghz

Ram: 10Gb DDR3
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB
MoBo: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 AM3+

37 answers to this question

Hi,

i use for install boot flag /amd npci=0x2000 with Amd FX 8350.

In the Volume Selection menu Select the Volume and select Customize 

then select the npci=0x2000 for bootloader.

Try GraphicsEnabler=No for your video card.

1 person likes this

tell me how many stable build ? 10.10.1 ?

10.10 I put everything works fine , safari and all the software . Nebylo problems with graphics commands after msibase = 0x90? It loads quickly on my SSD.
But do not work , many programs such as Russian does yandex.
and the most important thing is not working Steam. He does not give errors , it just does not run , jump and everything.
If you did not understand me , I Posnov . I translate through Google translator . Please test run if you have it .
http://browser.yandex.ru/future/

P:AMD FX8320
M:MSI Global 970A-G46
G:GTX650Ti

Well I have an AMD processor myself and I faced many problems with Yosemite!
The solution for me was to choose as the host os "Windows" instead of "Mac".

However notice that if you use VMware, after choosing "Windows" as host os and before running your virtual machine, go to:

C:UsersYOU_USER_NAMEDocumentsVirtual MachinesYOU_VIRTUAL_MACHINE_NAME 

find the .vmx file, edit it with notepad, find the line: firmware = "efi" and remove it.

Hope it helps!

EDIT: The "Windows" selection as host os only work in vmware! In virtualbox select mac 10.9

Also see this video:

10.10.1 working for me with /amd1

but no graphics only able to boot in safe mode

hd5450

I've tried re-installing with 10.10.1 using /amd /amd1 /amd2 /amd64 all diffrent times using npci=0x2000 and GraphicsEnabler=No 
It installs fine but after the installation it gets hung on a grey screen with the beach ball of death. This is right before the logon screen, but right after it is done booting (when it gets out of verbose mode). 
The only way to be able to use it is with Safe Mode and that is still completely useless.

You have to replace kernel, system kext, appleacpi kext and iopcifamily kext and install AMD webkit.
I followed this step:
I went on insanelymac.com
Downloaded kernel BSA_yos_r6b with system kext, 3 post after (Carlo_67 post) kext to replace....
Then logged in in windows (use macdrive to see, manage and move files in HFS partition) replace all kext and kernel.
Reboot and start a new installation, once in installation menu open terminal and type:
Diskutil repairpermissions "name of partition where you installed osx without quotes"
It will rebuild all permissions, it takes 5/10 minutes... Once finished type reboot..
boot in safe mode and install amd webkit.

Boot your osx with -v -f..... Then cross your fingers (i'll also cross mine)...

if it works fine then just add -f (ignore kernel cache)

It worked for me and for many others....

My specs:

Amd fx 8350

Asrock 990 extreme 4

16 gb ram corsair vengeance @ 1600

gtx 660 ti (also tryed with ati sapphire hd7xxx series both works)

I can play World of Warcraft with low graphics.... actually really works

Edit: also bsa_yos_r7d worked for me

Okay i did get an error, It loads the kext files but as soon as it sctaully starts booting (when the screen size adjusts ) it ends within a few seconds and says no degubgger detcted and then it hangs

Thanks,

I previously having trouble to boot yosemite but following your recommendation has solved my problem

You have to replace kernel, system kext, appleacpi kext and iopcifamily kext and install AMD webkit.I followed this step:I went on insanelymac.comDownloaded kernel BSA_yos_r6b with system kext, 3 post after (Carlo_67 post) kext to replace....Then logged in in windows (use macdrive to see, manage and move files in HFS partition) replace all kext and kernel.Reboot and start a new installation, once in installation menu open terminal and type:Diskutil repairpermissions "name of partition where you installed osx without quotes"It will rebuild all permissions, it takes 5/10 minutes... Once finished type reboot..

My specs:

Amd fx 8350

Asrock 990 extreme 4

Okay, I finally got it working; however, I'm having a sound issue now. It is not detecting my motherboard output ports and whenever I try to install the Multibeast VoodooHDA next it says I cannot use that driver

This ended up working after all. To fix the Voodoo problem for my ALC892 audio driver i followed this video and it worked :

You have to replace kernel, system kext, appleacpi kext and iopcifamily kext and install AMD webkit.
I followed this step:
I went on insanelymac.com
Downloaded kernel BSA_yos_r6b with system kext, 3 post after (Carlo_67 post) kext to replace....
Then logged in in windows (use macdrive to see, manage and move files in HFS partition) replace all kext and kernel.
Reboot and start a new installation, once in installation menu open terminal and type:
Diskutil repairpermissions "name of partition where you installed osx without quotes"
It will rebuild all permissions, it takes 5/10 minutes... Once finished type reboot..

My specs:

Amd fx 8350

Asrock 990 extreme 4

Anyone has problems whith USB mouse or keyboard? I reach the installation wizard but i cannot use the drop down menus to prepare my Hard drive because of no mouse. Only PS/2 keyboard works and cannot access the drop down menus. 

I have Gigabyte Ga-880GM Ud2h with Amd X4 B50 3.2Ghz and Nvidia 650Ti. I have tried all possible combinations of boot flags with no luck (USBBusFix=Yes, npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 , -f, -v, etc..)

Any thoughts?

hi all i was able to install the 10.10 but on booting i get this massege  Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

processor AMD FX- 6100 six core speed;3.3 Mhz, product name h8-1214

Mobo :M3970AM-HP(Angelica)

Ram:10 gig

Gpu: Nvidia gtx550TI

@ridz15 Are you using chameleon?

I have had problems installing it so i stick to booting with the install USB. click the Install USB as your boot device and then click on the drive you installed Yosemite on. For some reason Chameleon dosent load off my Yosemite drive.

@ridz15 Are you using chameleon?

I have had problems installing it so i stick to booting with the install USB. click the Install USB as your boot device and then click on the drive you installed Yosemite on. For some reason Chameleon dosent load off my Yosemite drive.

@Alvaro Ursua

Yes using chameleon and it boots fine from the usb was just wondering if there is a fix for this . Will try use clover will let you know how that goes

@ridz15

I don't know if clover is a good choice, in my own experience i found clover as the worst bootloader..... Anyway try to boot with usbfix=yes

@ridz15

I don't know if clover is a good choice, in my own experience i found clover as the worst bootloader..... Anyway try to boot with usbfix=yes

@Simone Rucci its the worst (or i configured it wrongly) anyway had to do a fresh install still booting from usb though

@ridz15

Okay, installed Chameleon wizard Using revision 2529

The i installed a theme, not sure if that does anything, but it was the "DType - Stylistically Simple" and i go it work without a USB now. For the Install method i set it on "Update"