Installing 10.8.5

Question

Hey everyone,

I have wanted to install Mac OS X on my PC for a while now and have tried and tried and never got it to work because I only buy AMD :). I recently tried with 10.8.2 and couldn't get it to boot properly but now with 10.8.5 I was so excited and relieved to see the installer finally load and let me install.

The problem that I am running into is that I get all the way through the setup process and then it starts installing, at about 6 mins it hangs for probably 10 minutes and then starts going again and eventually I get an error that says Install Failed: we could not install on your machine and it only gives me the option to restart.

I am using Niresh 10.8.5 with amd64 -v at boot.  I have my specs listed below in my signature.  I am trying to install this beside a Windows 8 partition so my 1TB HD is partitioned into 2 500GB partitions, one Windows 8 and the other for Mac OS X.  The only thing I don't remember doing that I read in the guide is to make the Mac OS X partition a GUID table but I couldn't find the option for it when erasing.

If anyone has any advice I would love to finally get this installed :).

Thanks,

Brandon

4 answers to this question

Have you try the new os mavericks? Or have you had any luck with it?

You can also try moving the mouse every 10 minutes while the os is installing .sometimes it freezes when u dont move the mouse on some computers .

Yes, we couldn't get ML to work but Mavericks so far is working flawlessly, even got our Radeon 7850 to work fully. :)

Thats great im glad to hear you got your hackintosh working :)