Success!
4 4

Question

Hello all, I'm new to the hackintosh scene, but old to the hacking scene. After 2 frustrating weeks I have finally successfully installed OS X Mavericks on my computer, to be Dual-booted in the bios along with Windows 8. If you have a motherboard like mine or similar, I can give you the bios settings because they are tricky and I have no HPET setting in the bios. It took a lot of trial and error but I have everything working flawlessly. I installed after writing the .dmg to usb drive via Transmac. Then boot through USB in the bios. Okay. here's my specs. PM me if you need help. Oh, and my system is o/c'd and running cool and quiet with no problems in OS X either.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE C2 @ 3.66 GHz

M4A87TD - EVO motherboard by ASUS

8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1200 MHz (Underclocked for tighter timings)

Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850OC - 1GB DDR5

Dual WDC 5000 and ST31000528AS Drives (yep, 4 drives. I used to run dual RAID's until I got curious about OSX)

Thanks again, Niresh!

Stragen

1 person likes this

37 answers to this question

Please share the BIOS settings on thread . I am having a M4A89GTD PRO and am stuck at PCI Configuration begins.

Ugh, I wish I could get my install to work :( I am only going for 10.8.5 because I'm not sure about Mavericks.

Ugh, I wish I could get my install to work :( I am only going for 10.8.5 because I'm not sure about Mavericks. I would strongly recommend 10.9 after looking at your system. I tried 10.8.5 first and half my hardware wasn't recognized. I don't have the patience to search around for working drivers. Trust me on this one.

Thanks a lot.

I will try again now with these configs.

Let me know if it works for you :)

Well installation finally went all the way through, using a USB instead of DVD.  My wife got it to boot once after restart and it told her to restart again and now we can't get it to work.  Hard thing is I'm at work and she's at home playing with it lol.  Now we just get a black screen in verbose mode or the apple logo without it, any ideas?

Well installation finally went all the way through, using a USB instead of DVD.  My wife got it to boot once after restart and it told her to restart again and now we can't get it to work.  Hard thing is I'm at work and she's at home playing with it lol.  Now we just get a black screen in verbose mode or the apple logo without it, any ideas?

Hmm....something's holding up the install. Let your wife know she has to disconnect any extra USB stuff, and re install - Or try pushing F8 just after the BIOS screen so it hits the Chameleon boot loader. From there she can enter boot commands.

Seeing your system, I would make sure I am typing at the boot menu amdfx -v maxmem=8192.

And that's the stuff. When I first installed Mavericks I had a few usb extras plugged in and the install went whacked. After install they went fine. Oh, and if it freezes on the registration screen, just leave it for 20 minutes.

Well, the install went successfully, its getting it to boot, we don't even see chameleon when she turns on the computer it gives her the option of Mac OS X or my windows install and she can type a command, kind of similar to when you load niresh on the cd, if that makes sense.  

We've tried amd64 -v and graphicsenabler=no -f, all kinds of things and we just get a black screen.

She is downloading mavericks now to try that, the only USB we have plugged in is the thumbdrive with the iso, mouse and keyboard.

Thanks,

Brandon

Edit: I attached a picture this happens when we boot the computer, if we press F8 it says boot0: done then shows this screen again, any ideas?

post-6232-0-72807600-1388775979_thumb.jp

Still stuck at same thing. Maybe due to fact that i use on board 4290

Well, the install went successfully, its getting it to boot, we don't even see chameleon when she turns on the computer it gives her the option of Mac OS X or my windows install and she can type a command, kind of similar to when you load niresh on the cd, if that makes sense.  

We've tried amd64 -v and graphicsenabler=no -f, all kinds of things and we just get a black screen.

She is downloading mavericks now to try that, the only USB we have plugged in is the thumbdrive with the iso, mouse and keyboard.

Thanks,

Brandon

Ah. I thought you were using Mavericks. Funny, I had the same problem when I tried to install Mountain Lion. Ended up throwing the disc in the garbage, 3 times. :)

Still stuck at same thing. Maybe due to fact that i use on board 4290

From someone who has the same board and uses on board graphics as you... Might work.

"When I change VRAM share for VGA on bios (like: 128MB or 256) or change boot order (GraphicsEnabler = Yes), the results are "PANIC". But i set 512MB for VGA and GraphicsEnabler=No, i can get in my mac os"

Thanks,

Brandon

Edit: I attached a picture this happens when we boot the computer, if we press F8 it says boot0: done then shows this screen again, any ideas?

I get same error with GraphicsEnabler=Yes on my AMD FX 8120. Use GraphicsEnabler=No -x to boot

From someone who has the same board and uses on board graphics as you... Might work.

"When I change VRAM share for VGA on bios (like: 128MB or 256) or change boot order (GraphicsEnabler = Yes), the results are "PANIC". But i set 512MB for VGA and GraphicsEnabler=No, i can get in my mac os"

Still the same.

Thanks BTW

So you just used Mavericks and it worked fine then?

Sorta. Every time I installed Mavericks I got a reboot or a freeze, until I turned of ACPI 2.0 in the BIOS. Like I said, 2 weeks of trouble shooting. I did have snow leopard on my system before this (it's what I started with on this whole os x adventure) but it wouldn't recognize my video card, no matter what I did. So I tried Mountain Lion with no success, then Mavericks. That memory error looks like it's trying to allocate too much memory. You could try maxmem=4096 to see if that would help.

Sorta. Every time I installed Mavericks I got a reboot or a freeze, until I turned of ACPI 2.0 in the BIOS. Like I said, 2 weeks of trouble shooting. I did have snow leopard on my system before this (it's what I started with on this whole os x adventure) but it wouldn't recognize my video card, no matter what I did. So I tried Mountain Lion with no success, then Mavericks. That memory error looks like it's trying to allocate too much memory. You could try maxmem=4096 to see if that would help.

this thread is of my problem

Finally got everything installed and working, even our Radeon 7850 graphics cards :) Seems to be smooth sailing so far, thanks for everyone's help!

1 person likes this

Finally got everything installed and working, even our Radeon 7850 graphics cards :) Seems to be smooth sailing so far, thanks for everyone's help!

Yeah, seems like the newer the OS, the easier it is to install and autoconfigure. That's what I've taken away from it. Enjoy, I know I am. I use Win 8 for games and OSX for everything else.

So your 7850 is providing full acceleration ?

I mean do you have any graphical glitches using safari or when launchpad is open ? I had these problems with my PC (Still Unsolved)

Perhaps you can help me. I've been trying all night. I've installed maverick 8 different times trying out different things and different boot flags.

My Specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 CPU

M5A99X EVO Asus Motherboard with UEFI

GTX 660ti GPU

32GB RAM

My Problem:I can get Mavericks to boot up after installing just fine, but I can't get past the welcome screen. The system freezes everytime I try to set it up. I first thought my mouse and keyboard weren't working, but then I made it as far as "Finding a Network" and "Creating a User" and when I made it there, the spinning loading circles both froze. And everytime I try booting into safe mode (-x) I get the apple logo with a ban circle (circle with a slash through it) right on top of the apple and then proceeds to load forever.

I've tried both amd and amd64 for launching the Niresh Installer and both times they've installed just fine and booted into Mavericks just fine, but the setup screen still froze.

I've tried a combination of numerous flags

USBBusFix=yes

PCIRootUID=0

cpus=1

-x (this just doesn't work at all and when combined with -v it says "still waiting for root device")

I've tried customizing the install numerous ways, installing graphics, removing graphics, removing laptop touchpad kext and enabling other boot options. And everytime the welcome screen just freezes. Nothing changes it.

Hello Stragen,

I have nearly the same configuration as yours:   ASUS M4A87TED EVO

AMD PHENOM 955 BE 3.2GHZ

MSI GTX 460 HAWK

4 GIGS OF RAM

And I installed Maverick everything works, i sow your bios settings it helped me a lot, i had headphones sound problem and some other problems before that, so thank you aloooot for that.

The only thing that still not working is my dvd drive it gives me an error, we have the same motherboards does it works on your hack,  if it does please help me to get to work.

Thank you.

Hello Stragen,

I have nearly the same configuration as yours:   ASUS M4A87TED EVO

AMD PHENOM 955 BE 3.2GHZ

MSI GTX 460 HAWK

4 GIGS OF RAM

And I installed Maverick everything works, i sow your bios settings it helped me a lot, i had headphones sound problem and some other problems before that, so thank you aloooot for that.

The only thing that still not working is my dvd drive it gives me an error, we have the same motherboards does it works on your hack,  if it does please help me to get to work.

Thank you.

Hello:

I have a HP blu-ray drive. What kind of drive is yours? See if you can find the model number. Thanks :)

Perhaps you can help me. I've been trying all night. I've installed maverick 8 different times trying out different things and different boot flags.

My Specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 CPU

M5A99X EVO Asus Motherboard with UEFI

GTX 660ti GPU

32GB RAM

My Problem:I can get Mavericks to boot up after installing just fine, but I can't get past the welcome screen. The system freezes everytime I try to set it up. I first thought my mouse and keyboard weren't working, but then I made it as far as "Finding a Network" and "Creating a User" and when I made it there, the spinning loading circles both froze. And everytime I try booting into safe mode (-x) I get the apple logo with a ban circle (circle with a slash through it) right on top of the apple and then proceeds to load forever.

I've tried both amd and amd64 for launching the Niresh Installer and both times they've installed just fine and booted into Mavericks just fine, but the setup screen still froze.

I've tried a combination of numerous flags

USBBusFix=yes

PCIRootUID=0

cpus=1

-x (this just doesn't work at all and when combined with -v it says "still waiting for root device")

I've tried customizing the install numerous ways, installing graphics, removing graphics, removing laptop touchpad kext and enabling other boot options. And everytime the welcome screen just freezes. Nothing changes it.

Hello:

I had the same problem off the start. Try to match my bios settings as close as possible, or even message me or post your bios settings and I will try to help you.

Thanks.

My dvd drive model is TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SATA CDROM DEVICE.

Thank you for the quick response.