Installing on Vmware - Never get passed initial apple screen!, Help?
3 3

Question

Hello,

I have tried to install Yosemite Zone into VMWARE. I have used the VMware unlocker.

I then select the iso i want to use  (yosemite zone) and start the machine. After the VMware sign disappears I am left with the apple symbol. This reaches about 50% of the way across and stops.

If i do the same in virtualbox, I dont even see that apple symbol, i see the hackingtosh zone sysmbol (red apple) and after a while it gets into the install area. I proceed and eventually I get to the usual 2 minutes "stuck" and then thats it.

I would like to use the VMware version if possible, so what is going wrong there? I had to create the config.ini for the virtual machine but only put in the single SMC = 0 line to get past that error

Any help would be much appreciated

Ta

B

6 answers to this question

Before booting use flag -v for the verbose mode and check the error

i have exactly the same problem, i know i have to use the bootflag (i m AMD user).

but the question is the boot loader didnt show up, i mean i powered up my VM, and it just boot to apple logo immediately.

theres no way to input my bootflag ?

i have exactly the same problem, i know i have to use the bootflag (i m AMD user).

but the question is the boot loader didnt show up, i mean i powered up my VM, and it just boot to apple logo immediately.

theres no way to input my bootflag ?

Well I have an AMD processor myself and I faced many problems with Yosemite!

The solution in VMWare for me was to choose as the host os "Windows" instead of "Mac".

However, notice that if you 've been using VMware with host os Mac, after choosing "Windows" as host os and before running your virtual machine, go to:

C:UsersYOU_USER_NAMEDocumentsVirtual MachinesYOU_VIRTUAL_MACHINE_NAME 

find the .vmx file, edit it with notepad, find the line: firmware = "efi" and remove it. NOW run again with your boot flags!!!

Hope it helps!

Also see this video:

Well I have an AMD processor myself and I faced many problems with Yosemite!

The solution in VMWare for me was to choose as the host os "Windows" instead of "Mac".

However, notice that if you 've been using VMware with host os Mac, after choosing "Windows" as host os and before running your virtual machine, go to:

C:UsersYOU_USER_NAMEDocumentsVirtual MachinesYOU_VIRTUAL_MACHINE_NAME 

find the .vmx file, edit it with notepad, find the line: firmware = "efi" and remove it. NOW run again with your boot flags!!!

Hope it helps!

Also see this video:

THATS GENIUS!!! PROBLEM SLOVED!!!

I WAS SO CONFUSED WHY THERES NO ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS

THANKS MAN!

1 person likes this