Figuring out what to do; MSI Radeon HD 7790, Yosemite Zone 10.10.1
1 1

Question

Hi all!

At first I'm new here so I'd like to introduce myself..

I'm from the Netherlands and just started to hackintosh since a day or 2.

So i'll try to detail my problem at my best;

At first of all I tried to install the Niresh Mavericks, everything succeeded after a few errors that I was able to solve myself with the help of -v and the internet haha. But after I installed and booted everything up I found out that my GPU the MSI Radeon HD 7790 2GB is not supported for Mavericks and also won't be. Then I found an article on some forum reporting that the HD 7790 is supported out of the box for Yosemite. So I gave it another try and installed Yosemite Zone. After multiple errors that I again knew to solve myself using verbose mode and the internet I finally got it working. But I'm bounded to the 1024x768 resolution while I've got a monitor that supports 1920x1080. And it's extremely choppy and laggy... But I'm now so surprised what to do because I read that for yosemite this gpu is supported out of the box. Also when I click About This Mack -> Display it give's me the information that my gpu isn't even detected the only thing it says is 3 MB Display. What is going wrong? I've had to use the flags "npci=0x2000" and I tried PCIRootUID=0 & PCIRootUID=1 because maybe it would've been recognized then. But too bad it isn't.

My specs;

Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2

AMD Athlon X4 @4,3 GHz

MSI Radeon HD 7790 @1.05 GHz

8GB Ram

I hope I've supplied you with enough information and that someone know what to do. Also my integrated graphics are not working even when I enable them in the BIOS it just gives a black screen.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet