Asus M4A87TD EVO
2 2

Question

Hello,

i am searching for the bios-settings for the Asus M4A87TD EVO, found a link in this forum but it is down, who can send me the settings in BIOS for successful installing Mavericks?

Already tried a lot.....

Thanx

Markus

10 answers to this question

Any success yet ?

I will try to get Mavericks to work (USB install) with this same M4A87TD EVO USB3 board with 6850 Radeon Graphics.

No success so far with Niresh Yosemite for AMD/INTEL  ( April 15 version)

AMD FX8350 + R9 280 Saphire + ASUS M5A97 EVO Ver. 2.0.  works fine with Niresh Mavericks 10.9.0 for AMD/Intel.

Hi Skrollo,

the solution is to fill in the right standards in the BIOS.

You must delete the most AUTO-functions and insert manual options in BIOS esp. for overclocking etc, then it will work.

greetings

Markus

For the Asus m4a87td

"C1E Support" might need to be disabled in the CPU Configuration bios section, otherwise a ioapic hang might occur.

Yosemite blows the Asus m4a87td inbuilt usb power away on wake up from sleep (it can't seem to reset the usb  section of the SB850 chip after sleep), so install a USB2 PCI card or a USB3 PCIe card that's compatible with OSX (preferably a NEC chip card or whatever) and disable inbuilt USB in the bios, and sleep and usb should work.

I booted Yosemite Niresh off a usb stick using

/amd64 -v -x npci=0x3000 pci=off

The Bronya Yosemite kernel works great.

Hi, i am running Maverick on the Asus M4a87td Evo, how fast is Yosemite? I tried to install Yosemite but found it to Slow working on this Bord, Maverick is faster?! Thanx Markus 

Yosemite seems ok speed wise to me with 4 gb memory and a Geforce 460 and a AMD Quad chip.

The kernel I'm using for Yosemite 10.10.1 is the Bronya RC7 kernel which works great.

Hi, i am running Maverick with 8 GB RAM, A 6-core AMD and a GT610 nvidia. With Maverick speed is O. K., is Yosemite as fast as Maverick on this System? 

Thanx Markus 

Is the Bronya RC7 Kernel inside Nireshs Yosemite? 

I was previously running Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion, and Yosemite seems to me to be just as fast as those.

The Bronya RC7 kernel isn't in the Niresh Yosemite 10.10.1 YosemiteZone install, and I had some problems with the kernels included in the Niresh install.

I think I got the Bronya RC7 kernel from here http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7853-vanilla-and-patched-yosemite-kernels-patched-aicpupm-kexts/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-54?p=2118743#entry2118743

Bronya_kernel_10.10_RC7.zip

Hi,

can you please, please explain in details how to install Yosemity with the bronya kernel on this Asus Board?

I can not suceed....

Thank you very much!

Markus

On 31 December 2015 10:43:51 PM, guzzimk said:

Hi,

can you please, please explain in details how to install Yosemity with the bronya kernel on this Asus Board?

I can not suceed....

Thank you very much!

Markus

This is how I did it.

I eventually booted the Niresh 10.10.1 Yosemite Zone off a usb stick (after a few failed tries) using  /amd64 -v -x npci=0x3000 pci=off

I needed npci=0x3000 for my Geforce card otherwise I would get a hang at PCI configuration begin.

I also needed to disable "C1E Support" in the bios otherwise it would hang at ioapic.

I could then get to the installer and I installed Yosemite.

Then I chose some options at the end of the installer for the chameleon bootloader and additional kexts, ncpi=0x3000 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes and a few others to do with ahci injector kexts and PS2 kexts etc.

I could then boot Yosemite from my hard disk.

I got sound working using VoodooHDA VT1708S.kext.zip

What happened with the amd64 kernel was that the icon highlighting and selection was working in a weird way and also some other problems, so I looked around for other kernels to try and after a few different kernels the Bronya Yosemite RC7 kernel worked perfectly and I havn't had any troubles since I installed it.

The kernel is in /System/Library/Kernels and to change it to Bronya's RC7 kernel I did this using Terminal

cd /System/Library/Kernels

sudo chflags nohidden kernel

sudo mv kernel oldkernel

sudo cp (wherever Bronya's kernel has been unzipped to )/kernel /System/Library/Kernels

sudo chown root:wheel kernel

sudo chmod 755 kernel

I then dragged the Cache folder in /System/Library to the trash and shutdown the computer, and Yosemite automatically rebuilds all of the caches on shutdown and restart.

I also had some graphics error trouble with the default Nvidia drivers for my card (Geforce 460), so I installed the updated Nvidia web drivers for Yosemite 10.10.1 and there are no graphics errors anymore.

Disabling "C1E Support" and "Cool'n'Quiet" can actually increase Sata performance in some cases.

Apple's USB drivers basically expect an Intel USB compliant chipset (or NEC USB chipset) which I don't think is the case with the USB in the SB850 Southbridge chip and the SB850 Southbridge chip also has a few USB bugs or quirks (published by AMD) that other operating systems like Windows and Linux can work around because they have SB850 drivers, so on OSX the USB stops working after sleep due to some Apple USB driver reset issue, so I just installed an NEC based USB2 PCI card (a USB3 card might also work) and disabled the inbuilt (SB850) USB in the bios and USB and sleep is working.

VoodooHDA VT1708S.kext.zip