Can't boot fresh install of Yosemite-Zone 10.10.1 (DSMOS has arrived) no solutions are working
1 1

Question

I've tried every solution I could find, but none of them are working. Most troubling is the fact that once I enter the Single User mode as suggested in the official installation guide for Yosemite I can't type anything. I get to the point where I see the bash input prompt, but it freezes.

I have an Asus P8Z77-V LX using UEFI, 8GB RAM, an i5 2500K and a GTX 970. The bootloader works just fine and so does the OSX installer. Once installed though I always end up with the "DSMOS has arrived" followed by the "BlutetoothHCUController start -- completed" issue. From what I've read this has nothing to do with the latter line, but the "DSMOS has arrived" message. Which through single user mode as a boot flag and a few commands from there should resolve it, but since I can't enter any commands that's impossible. I tried re-installing the distro once too.

Any help would be really appreciated. Really need to set up a hackintosh so I can get some decent performance while developing software. My 13" MacBook doesn't cut it at all.

EDIT:

SUCCESS!

I re-installed Yosemite a third time following the installtion guide over here, but this time I checked the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and the "Backup Graphics Packages" or whatever it's called with only the "mv nvidia" sub-option checked. I successfully booted into Yosemite without errors this time.

I still don't understand why I couldn't type any text when I entered Single User mode (-s) as a boot flag before.

1 person likes this

2 answers to this question

Godddamn this is great! I've just installed drivers for my GTX 970 as well and everything is working fine and dandy!

Didn't have to use any special BIOS settings at all. Speedstep was disabled and so was every other cpu related power saving feature. Installed with my standard overclocking values as well.

Couldn't use the UniBeast/official Yosemite intstaller method from tonymacx86 since that wouldn't let me boot the installer. Tried it with the Clover bootloader too, but the same issue.

The Yosemite-Zone.dmg image let me boot into the installer without issues. After that though I first coul not boot into the OS because of the "DSMOS has arrived" error. After a few re-installations of which I ticked "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "Backup graphics"->"mv nvidia" during the customization options found in the Yosemite Zone it booted up without issues. Ran Multibeast and installed wanted drivers and now I am currently writing this from my new hackintosh.

1 person likes this

Hey bro, i'm facing this exactly same problem . cannot find any info on that. could you explain where to put backup graphics flag or what to modify on yosemite installer. mv nvidia option where i should put

tnx

Edited by mbataka