Almost 100% working, Nvidia GeForce GT 630 Dual Display issue (among a few other quirks)
1 1

I have recently returned to the Hackintosh scene after many years, and am quite impressed with the progress that has been made! I thought it would be worth another attempt and it was!

Here is my current working build:
Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-M LX (REV 3.0) / LGA 1155 / Micro ATX / UEFI BIOS
           > Chipset Intel H61

> Audio: Realtek ALC887
           > LAN: Realtek 8111E
CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 2.8GHz (3.1GHz Turbo Boost)

> LGA 1155
           > 95W
           > Model BX80623I52300
           > Intel HD 2000
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 630

> ZOTAC Synergy ZT-60404-10L
           > 1GB 128-Bit DDR3
           > PCI Express 2.0 x16
           > Ports: 1 x mini HDMI 2 x DVI
Extras: ORICO 2 Port MAC/WIN PCI Express to USB3.0 Controller (still testing, though it seems to work)
Generic USB Bluetooth Adapter I have had laying around since the turn of the Millennium. Not recognized by System Information but works great with my Apple Mighty Mouse!

I installed Mac OS 10.10 using the YosemiteZone distro via USB, and everything worked exactly as it should have except for a few quirks. Updated to 10.10.1 via the AppStore after resolving LAN issues.

1. Onboard LAN not recognized. Resolved by installing RealtekRTL81xx.kext using MultiBeast 7.1.1 (1)

2. Audio Hissing. After correcting the output channel in the Sound Preference Pane to “Line-out (Green Rear)”, Temporarily Resolved the white noise by completely lowering the “Input Gain” setting in the VooDooHDA Preference Pane. This hissing occurs again at boot, and does not go away until after I have logged into Mac OS.

3. Dual Displays.

I am only using the DVI ports on my card as I do not have a mini HDMI cable or adapter.

Both display cables are VGA using DVI to VGA adapters.

Only the secondary DVI port works. When either Display 1 or both Displays 1 and 2 are connected the boot loader displays correctly on Display 1, but then goes to black screen(s) once the OS loads.

The only way I have been able to operate is with only Display 2 connected. One strange thing is that System Information displays the Graphics as having 2048 MB of Memory but my card only has 1GB.

From System Information:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 2048 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0f00

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 70.08.AD.00.00

I desperately want to have both my monitors connected. I am dual booting with Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926 and having to disconnect a display to reboot into Mac OS is so inappropriate; to say the least.  I’ve tried a few fixes I've found online and nothing has worked so far, at the most I've been greeted to a Kernel Panic or a black screen. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

4. System Sleep (disabled sleep, don't really need it but curious as to why it isn't working)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet