ALC892 with fresh installed Niresh Mavericks!
2 2

Question

Hi im new and i really don't know what to do now!!!

I Fresh installed Nireshs Mavericks. Then OS Booting up and i came to the Desktop. Sound everything is installed. 

BUT!

When i play Music over Quicktime Player or Safari(Youtube or other ones) i have normal Sound. But when i play a mp3 File with Spacebar(Preview) or in Itunes or in Logic X i have Crackling Sound issues! What shall i do?! i tried Many kexts and the only one i get sound is the Standart Niresh installed VoodooHDA!

PLS HELP me i am DJ an i making Mashups and own Tracks and i need Correct Sound in Logic X!!! 

PS: Yes i have a Macbook 15 inch but i want to use my PC for working stuff and my Laptop only for Gigs!

Greetz Tom

11 answers to this question

go to download section download alc892 kexts

install it..

try to install hdaenabler1.kext from download section check your voodoohda kext has been deleted with pref pane

Me too have the same problem..I can get sound only when i install voodoohda and that to crackling one only when playing songs on iTunes and watching videos and songs on safari

If i play songs on quicktime song works good..

i installed voodooHDA 2.8.4 and i had set input format to 441Khz using audio midi setup but didn't helped..

My MotherBoard audio codec is ALC889

ALC892 is the same chip I have. I had this issue but I downloaded multibeast for Mavericks and then installed ALC892 from the without DSDT section then added HDAenabler and rebooted. It then worked fine! VooDooHDA messed it up for me so stay away from that, I have only had back luck with VooDoo

i installed voodooHDA 2.8.4 and i had set input format to 441Khz using audio midi setup but didn't helped..

My MotherBoard audio codec is ALC889

why don't you using kexts for ALC889 uploaded by me in download section 

Deepak is a decent guy, Go have a look at his, As I said, try to get a proper kext as the VooDooHDA ones are nothing but hassle in my opinion. I am pretty sure multi beast has a kext for your sound chip any way so it's worth downloading and patching with that!

try to install hdaenabler1.kext from download section check your voodoohda kext has been deleted with pref pane

This didnt work