updates
2 2

Question

I installed Yosemite zone last night and everything working great.My question is apple store showing a os update,is it safe to do the update or will it change my settings?

7 answers to this question

My Yosemite zone installation in VirtualBox was updated successfully from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2

However installation at my MSI GS-60 after updating from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2  does not boot. Restore kernel and extensions from backup to get it working. So I have 10.10.2 with kernel from 10.10.1

I just tried my hdmi and have no audio I have it for front and rear speaker plugs but not on hdmi.Video card is

EVGA 01G-P3-1313-RX GeForce 210 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

New security update successfull for VirtualBox Yosemite  10.10.2

However installation at my MSI GS-60 after updating from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2  does not boot. Restore kernel and extensions from backup to get it working. So I have 10.10.2 with kernel from 10.10.1 New security update change kernel as well, so after security update I have to restore kernel as well ( from 10.10.1 )

Successful install with Yosemite Zone 10.10.1 with AMD FX 8350 Nvidia GTX 660. But when updating to 10.10.2 using either delta or combo update with or without a 10.10.2 version of AMD kernel, causes a bunch of kexts to refuse to load due to another version already loaded. Solved this by copying original kexts from backup of 10.10.1 over and using original AMD kernel for 10.10.1

Where is the kernel located?

[Edit] Found it: /System/Library/Kernels

And with kexts you mean the entire /System/Library/Extensions directory?

Or is there something else?

I tried 10.10.2 before and wasn't able to boot afterwards. kernel panic, not solvable with -x of other bootflag.