Problems with DSMOS
1 1

Hey there,

Okay, been mucking around trying to get Yosemite-Zone working for a couple weeks now, finally giving in and asking for help.

I did at one point get it to boot, it did all the first time installation stuff, but on reboot tanked, so thought it was cause i'd forgot to copy the kernal I was using to boot to the right place, so decided to reformat, reinstall and do it right, and not been able to get it to boot again since....

Anyway, my system is:

CPU: AMD FX-4100

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMt-S2P - Not sure how you tell what chipset it has, according to Gigabytes website, North Bridge is AMD 760G, SOuth Bridge is AMD SB710

GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti

Network: Realtek 8111E chip

Audio: Realtek ALC889 codec? Thats all Gigabyte site says....

Anyway, i'm installing from a USB stick, using Yosemite-Zone 10.10.1

Getting the installer to boot is dead easy, /amd npci=0x3000 does the trick.

Over various run throughs, i've always customised to add the npci=0x3000 fix. I've tried just adding that, adding that and the extra nvidia one (it listed GTX 750 in there), I think they're the only 2 kexts i've added at install.

At end of install i've had log open to allow me to copy alternate kernels over, as recommended in a guide. I've been copying them to though, not in System/Library/Kernels.

The system starts to load, the Yosemite-Zone logo appears with a progress bar, gets part way (to around the 'i' in Yosemite-Zone) and then stops.

Through chameleon, i've tried every amd kernel thats provided, as well as PCIRootUID=1, same problem.

I started using -v, it kept throwing up an erro about being unable to create swap, as well as the dreaded Waiting for DSMOS..... and finally, DSMOS has arrived.

Hunted through the install guide on here, checked out linked article about DSMOS, so downloaded a new FakeSMC.kext (not sure if this is problem, initial messages fly past too fast in verbose for me to read and see). Extracted it under linux, set perms for it and subfiles to everyone can do anything to it.

Back into Yosemite-Zone installer, copied it over as per the guide, did chown and chmod commands, rebooted.

This stopped the message about failing to create swap (though could that be coicedence?) but still get the DSMOS messages......

Anyone got any advice? I'm kinda stumped now.

Oh, before I added the different FakeSMC.kext, I had tried booting with -s and doing grafix replace all, changed nothing, but despite the DSMOS message, surely graphics cant be the problem, as it does bring up a display....?

ANyway, and help greatly appreciated.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet