asus K55VD Doesn't boot without USB DRIVE
1 1

first of all I would like to congratulate you on a job well done.

I apologize for my bad English but I am a new user Italian.

My laptop spec are:

Tipo computer                                     PC ACPI basato su x64  (Mobile)

Tipo processore                                   Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2,50Ghz

Chipset scheda madre                        Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge

Ram                                                          8 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM

Adattatore video                                  Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Adattatore video                                  NVIDIA GeForce 610M  (2 GB)

Schermo                                                Chi Mei N156BGE-L21  [15.6" LCD]

Periferica audio                                   Intel Panther Point HDMI

Periferica audio                                   Realtek ALC270

Controller IDE                                      Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

Controller IDE                                      Realtek PCIE CardReader

Unità disco                                           Kingston 120GB SSDNOW300 SV300S37A

Unità ottica                                          PIONEER DVD-RW D

Tastiera                                                Keyboard Device Filter

Mouse                                                  ASUS PS/2 Port Clickpad

Adattatore di rete                              Controller Realtek PCIe GBE Family

Adattatore di rete                              Dispositivo Bluetooth

Adattatore di rete                              Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter

Controller USB2                                  Intel Panther Point PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller

Periferica USB                                     USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam

Batteria                                                Batteria compatibile con ACPI Microsoft

I installed the Hackintosh Yosemite Zone 10.10.1  and everything works except the wifi/Bluetooth network but I’m waiting Atheros AR5B195 that is compatible.

I proceed in this order:

Create a hackintosh Yosemite zone 10.10.1 USB DRIVER with a my friend mac;

Set up the ASUS bios for run and put it the USB;

Install the Yosemite zone with clover efi boot option able and disable audio driver because if I able it I have problem with microphone when start pc;

after Yosemite zone finish the installation when the system start and run the Ethernet I download EDP and FIX audio and other without mouse/keyboard driver because with EDP crash;

then I create EFI partition with CLOVER CONFIGURATOR and optimize it run clover set up;

NOW the Yosemite zone is perfect for my laptop ASUS but I have a problem when I start the notebook without USB DRIVE doesn’t run the pc see PHOTO 1 (is the SSD DRIVE?);

If I go in the bios not appears ADD NEW BOOT OPTION in the menu;

When I run the system with USB DRIVE it’s ok see PHOTO 2;

has anyone had the same problem? HELP ME, thanks..

1 answer to this question

Bump, i have the same problem on an ASUS S200E, the problems appears to be the bootloader not installing at all, i've tryed the manual install but still no luck