If you have any solution for these errors
2 2

Question

I am a very new member in the Mac/Hackintosh community, I found this community and a chance for an AMD support, so I gave it a try, and here I am, posting this on a running 10.10, Thanks to you guys

First of all My specs:

AMD Phenom ii x4 945 @ 3.0GHz
8 GB of RAM
Gigabyte 880GM U2D
Gigabyte AMD HD6850

Installation process was flawless with this boot flag:
/amd npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v

Customization was the same, but added VMware thing

Installed in the same drive as my old windows 8 was

After nearly a day of use, here are the issues am facing right now:

1. Unable to boot without USB stick, if the OS in sleep mode it won’t require the USB, other than that, it boots to windows 8
  2. On each restart, I have to remove and reconnect my PS/2 Keyboard, so the OS can recognize it
  3. Same goes for sound, on restart Microphone reflect on the speakers, to disable that, I need to remove and put the jack again
  4. Microphone isn’t working over VoIP applications like Skype, although I have installed my Realtek ALC888B from MultiBeast
  5. Tried MultiBeast PS/2 controller (It didn’t complete installation for some error)
  6. Google Chrome, Fonts has graphical issues, fonts doesn’t show up correctly
  7. Safari works fine, but in most cases, if I click on the page (white space or text), it shows an error and it reloads the whole page
  8. Safari has a problem with HTML5 and / or flash I assume, so also I am having a headache with youtube
  9. Most of the images on the browsers and on Computer have pink dots, (Graphic glitch)

That’s it for now, I will try to get some stuff running like Adobe applications and VMware and see what will happen, I will post back

If you have any solution that worked for the above issues, please help.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

@ibrahimnassef you have not mentioned if you install it in vmware or machine it self

you can select vmware package under any circumstances

Updating the kernel will solve Graphics font and most issues

If possible please attach the console log so i can get some good solutions for you

1 person likes this

Hello @Niresh;

Thank you for your reply,

As stated, No I didn't install the MAC OS with VMware, I installed it stand alone in a different partition, but in the same drive as Windows 8 was installed on, so when I restart my PC, it boots directly to windows 8, no option to boot in MAC, that's why I need the USB stick to launch the MAC OS which is a problem of course.

I will try out the kernel update and post my console log later today, and will report

Thank you

Hello again @Niresh;

I have updated the Kernel as you have mentioned in your reply, I have to say, the system feels much faster and it looks like safari is much stable,

BUT Google chrome fonts are worse, and still some images have these pink dots, but it's lesser than before, still has them though.

And just to make things clearer, each time I restart, I need to unplug and plug the ( PS/2, Microphone Jack ( although MIC isn't working ), Mouse USB and the Ethernet LAN( sometimes! ) ) to get things work properly!

Console Log attached

Hope this helps

Thanks

Console Log.log.zip

Alright, here is the latest update:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to boot without USB stick, if the OS in sleep mode it won’t require the USB, other than that, it boots to windows 8   <<   Not Solved yet

On each restart, I have to remove and reconnect my PS/2 Keyboard, so the OS can recognize it   <<   Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, after I changed the kext to other things from the net

Same goes for sound, on restart Microphone reflect on the speakers, to disable that, I need to remove and put the jack again  <<  It happens because of iGain is high, each restart I have to lower it down from system preference, Can't find it in info.plist

Microphone isn’t working over VoIP applications like Skype, although I have installed my Realtek ALC888B from MultiBeast  <<  Solved by not removing and reputting the microphone jack, just set the Input Gain lower

Tried MultiBeast PS/2 controller (It didn’t complete installation for some error)  <<  Skipped

Google Chrome, Fonts has graphical issues, fonts doesn’t show up correctly  <<  It's still there, even after AMD webkit update

Safari works fine, but in most cases, if I click on the page (white space or text), it shows an error and it reloads the whole page  <<  Solved after AMD webkit

Safari has a problem with HTML5 and / or flash I assume, so also I am having a headache with youtube  <<  Solved after AMD webkit

Most of the images on the browsers and on Computer have pink dots, (Graphic glitch)  <<  Still there

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Issues:

Unable to login in AppStore, says " Your device or computer could not be verified. "

After the AMD update that @ replied with, the System feels much faster

Firefox has no problems so far, I hope that there is a solution for Chrome fonts and flash soon.

Thanks.

@ibrahimnassef first remove the VMWARE Package its messing the kernel and generating many logs

to remove follow these steps

In the Finder, navigate to /Library/Application Support/VMware Tools.
Run Uninstall VMware Tools.app.
Delete these files and folders if they exist:

Note: not all files and folders listed will be present depending on the version of OS X being used

/Library/Application Support/VMware Tools
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.vmware.launchd.vmware-tools-userd.plist
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vmware.launchd.tools.plist
/sbin/mount_vmhgfs
/System/Library/Extensions/VMwareGfx.kext

Clear your console logs

Restart the Mac OS 
Then send your Console logs once again

@ibrahimnassef first remove the VMWARE Package its messing the kernel and generating many logs

to remove follow these steps

In the Finder, navigate to /Library/Application Support/VMware Tools.
Run Uninstall VMware Tools.app.
Delete these files and folders if they exist:

Note: not all files and folders listed will be present depending on the version of OS X being used

/Library/Application Support/VMware Tools
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.vmware.launchd.vmware-tools-userd.plist
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vmware.launchd.tools.plist
/sbin/mount_vmhgfs
/System/Library/Extensions/VMwareGfx.kext

Clear your console logs

Restart the Mac OS 

Then send your Console logs once again

Done, The log is attached

Thanks

Console Log 13-FEB-15.log.zip

New Issues:

Unable to login in AppStore, says " Your device or computer could not be verified. "

edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Extra folder and add the following on it:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Restart your Hakintosh and you should be able to login to the AppStore, that took care of my issue in VMWare.