Still waiting for root device
10 10

Question

Hi! I'm new on this forum. I want to install Yosemite with USB pendrive. When I try to boot it with "/amd64 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000" I have to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000" because I had "PCI configuration begin" message. In few seconds there's a crossed circle. I tried to boot it in verbose. The last line is "Still waiting for root device". I tried to fix it by placing GenericUSBXHCI.kext or Niresh's Still Waiting for Root Device Fix, but nothing changed. I have to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000" because I had "PCI configuration begin" message.

My specs:

CPU: AMD FX-4300BE

GPU: Gigabyte HD 7770 OC

MOBO: ASRock N68C-GS FX

RAM: 1x4GB DDR3

Ethernet: Realtek RTL8211CL

Audio: Roland UA-1EX

I hope someone will help me :)

Thanks

23 answers to this question

@siralex90 Can you attach a verbose picture with

"/amd64  npci=0x3000 -v" at the point where you get stuck with still waiting for root device

Yes, I tried "USBBusFix=Yes" and others boot flags many times, and when I disable USB Legacy my USB pendrive isn't recognized.

Try this flag: 

USBLegacyOff=Yes

this flag work for me.

(Sorry for my english)

1 person likes this

Have a Samsung NP-R60 laptop trying to install Niresh Yosemite on it.

Laptop has Inel Core2Duo cpu and 500gb HDD and 2.5 gb of ram.

Just will not install hangs on different messages or if try to boot without -v does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance, Brad.

Change your controller type from IDE to SATA on your Hard Disk & CD/DVD

i'm getting this error on VMWare.

Change your controller type from IDE to SATA on Hard Drive & CD/DVD

Go into your BIOS and ensure that the hard drive type is AHCI rather than IDE or RAID. Also ensure that it is set to boot with that same hard drive

Guys i have an Asus G20 have tried any guide i could find on how to fix "Still waiting for root device" but nothing. I even burn Yosemite Zone on a Dual Layer DVD and tried to boot from there but i get the same... Any ideas? Than you in advanced

@siralex90 i fixed this on this particular desk by using USBLegacyOff=Yes... but when i installed i can't boot from hdd because Still waiting for root device and it's because this MOBO does support only IDE or RAID sata mode so if anybody knows how to fix this i'l be glad :D

Hey guys!!

can any body help me to solve the issue with my "Still waiting for rood device"error

earlier it was getting stuck at PCI configuration but I used npci=0x2000 and this worked

I am using Niresh's Bootable USB 10.10.1 on My AMD Phenom IIx4 965 processor 

with 10GB of DDR3 Ram

Nvidia Geforce Gt630 4GB

I tried these flags till now:

/amd

/amd1

/amd2

/amd32

/amd64

with -v & -x -v

/amd -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000

/amd -v -no-zp

/amd USBBusFix=Yes

/amd GraphicsEnabler=No

but always getting the same error

I used the same USB with my Hp450 Laptop and the same usb worked well nor error not flags required but the same USB is not working with my AMD processor

Please help 

I found that removing and reinserting the usb stick when the 'still waiting for root device' message appears caused the drive to be remounted and the boot process to continue. I am a noob though at hackintosh, and the installation process on my machine (an hp 6710b laptop) halts with the animation telling you to press the power button. (I am trying to install Yosemite).

I have it prodlen in ubuntu - have it here, too

U mast diseble fastbooting in widows!!!

SOLUTION: Use usb2.0 slot for flash drive, not USB3.0! Use USB port that doesn't require additional drivers!

:D

1 person likes this

On my pc, with an Asrock N68C-S UCC motherboard, I had to disable USB 2.0 support in BIOS to avoid the "Still waiting for root device" error. Then I booted with these flags: /amd npci=0x3000 -v

Obviously you have to be very patient when you install a 6 GB operating system from a pendrive in USB 1.1 mode.

It would probably work also an installation from a DVD, but the DVD drive has to be connected with IDE cable, not SATA, because this motherboard doesn't support AHCI.

Amd fx 8350 nvidia gtx 750 ti 

I tried several boot flags like USBBusFix=Yes

and

UseKernelCache=No

1463510400726848918453.jpg

1463510434565445195934.jpg

1463510541330-940667647.jpg