chameleon boot screen at startup after install
2 2

Question

Hi everyone,

I was able to 'successfully' install yosemite zone 10.10.2 on my system with msi z97 guard-pro mobo with an i5 haswell chip. After install, the system rebooted, and the chameleon boot screen shows. I selected my hard drive and mac os x loads after the hackintosh zone screen. I configure and the hackintosh zone runs successfully. After I restart, i get the chameleon boot screen again. I have to press enter (no boot flag) for the computer to continue loading: hackintosh zone screen, then mac os loads.

Every single time the system boots, the chameleon screen shows and the user has to press enter to continue loading.

Is this expected? Is there any way to not have to press enter to continue loading? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

It looks like its the default behavior for the chameleon version used in this distro, the org.chameleon.Boot.plist only contains the necesary settings to boot the Hackintosh when OS X is installed. Any other stuff needs to be added later. Don't forget to backup your Extra folder when doing changes on it :-).

Note: If you are planing on using Themes for chameleon like BootToLion or any of your choice, make sure you don't have the -v (Verbose) swicth on the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, it will crash your hackintosh and -x or -F or -f or any other option will not work to recover from that. Everything goes wrong during the transition from the boot theme to the apple logo while the system is loading. IT took me several hours and a lot of snapshots restorations before I figured out what was wrong. Once again this all was done and tested on VMware 10 & 11.

Note: Timeout option for chameleon only works fine if Quiet Boot option is enable, otherwise you will be prompted to choose the OS and will have to hit enter to load it.

edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Extra folder add the following on it:

<key>Timeout></key>    =  "how long to wait before loading the OS in seconds"

<string>1</string>

<key>Wait</key>            =  "Wait to press a key to continue loading the OS (YES/NO)"

<string>No</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>  =  "Suppress selection menu (YES/NO)"

<string>Yes</string>

more reference here http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Thank you for your help. I'll try this when I get home. Consider it resolved unless I come back stating otherwise.

I do have a question. Does Hackintosh Zone (distro) leave the behavior that I'm seeing on by default or did I do something wrong during install? I ask because I googled and was unable to find others having this same issue. Thanks!