Yosemite Zone 10.10.1 (DMG) doesn't boot on UEFI/Legacy Boot systems
5 5

Question

Hello there.

I've downloaded Yosemite Zone 10.10.1 DMG file, and created a 'bootable' USB stick with TransMac, but simply it doesn't boot. And the problem with BootdiskUtility is that needs to delete all files, and you can't select a specific partition without deleting the whole disk.

If someone knows how to boot it on UEFI (or at least CSM/Legacy Boot) without using a Mac, let me know.

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

10.10.1 is not for UEFI 10.10 is the one for UEFI

Thanks, it boots now, I only need some bootflags because OS X freezes at Apple logo.

1 person likes this

For me, it did not booted as well. Chameleon, the new version for Yosemite, seems to have some issues with certain old motherboards. I have burned a Clover iso on a cd-rw, and used it to boot the usb installer. After installing without a bootloader, I have booted the installed OS using the same cd with Clover, then installed Clover on the partition on which I had installed Yosemite. I have BIOS on the board, not UEFI, but I have partitioned the hard drive with GPT, giving a better environment to Clover to boot and to be installed, although it seems to work at this step with MBR as well. After booting the os, ejected the cd and rebooted, the Clover on the hard drive took the role of the one on the CD. The only downside is that, at every boot, I need to manually add the boot flag (boot argument) npci=0x2000 . 

I created the USB with Boot Disk Utility, I had just to edit settings and enable multipartition (size setted to 64MB); in this way I had The first partition with Clover and the second ready for OS X. Then I used the "Extract HFS+ from DMG" option (I don't remember properly the option name) and went taking a coffee (it takes a lot of time).

After that I right-clicked on the USB empty partition and choose to restore the partition from an archive (the one got from the DMG); worked like a charme, with UEFI.
If you need a video, I can do one.

Thanks, it boots now, I only need some bootflags because OS X freezes at Apple logo.

please help me i have same probleam.....

apple logo freeze