Logic Pro X on Mavericks
1 1

Question

So I got mavericks running smoothly and all but I wanna use it for Logic Pro X , in 10.8.5 it worked but the OS was a bit buggy mavericks is way more stable and way faster.

I got a AMD FX-6100 , ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Mobo, 8Gb Ram, 320Gb&750Gb HDD's, HD7790 Graphics (Not fully supported 6Mb).

Anyone uses Logic Pro X at all? if so with no issues? Cant find any solution or problem.

13 answers to this question

So I got mavericks running smoothly and all but I wanna use it for Logic Pro X , in 10.8.5 it worked but the OS was a bit buggy mavericks is way more stable and way faster.

I got a AMD FX-6100 , ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Mobo, 8Gb Ram, 320Gb&750Gb HDD's, HD7790 Graphics (Not fully supported 6Mb).

Anyone uses Logic Pro X at all? if so with no issues? Cant find any solution or problem.

niresh distro version ???

Yeah on the Niresh Distro it opens a window where I can choose what to open or create and I click Empty or whatever and it just quits and I get an error message Logic Quit Unexpectedly

AMD FX-8120 here and Logic Pro works perfectly 

I think you need a modded kext for your graphics card to get fully supported

The graphics card is not really a problem Im getting a supported one this week I will post a Log of the crash soon

Posted ImageCrash Log.rtf this is the crash log when I start a new empty project in Logic Pro X

In my opinion, it seems that 6MB it's not enough for Logic Pro X.

Yeah on the Niresh Distro it opens a window where I can choose what to open or create and I click Empty or whatever and it just quits and I get an error message Logic Quit Unexpectedly

which 10.8..2 ,10.8.5 or 10.9 ?????

In my opinion, it seems that 6MB it's not enough for Logic Pro X.

I hope you are right I'm gettin a compatible graphics card somewhere this week so I hope it works if I install that, but still I think its weird that it worked in 10.8.5 with the 6mb videomemory it was kinda buggy but it ran. Also my copy of Cubase 7 Elements runs very smooth.

Yea so I installed the Waves Mercury Plugin Bundle and Logic Pro X runs smoothly only the graphics are buggy cus of the 6mb but thats not a big deal thanks anyway!

maybe you are having that issue is because the Videocard kext that you install is not fully compartible with the videocard.