msi radeon hd6450 issues

Question

Im having issues with this particular graphics card...I bought this card for my father as on my mackintosh it worked out of the box....On his however after installation and restart I make it past the apple logo then go straight to a white screen where it stays with no cursor....However if I boot into safe mode and remove amd6000controller.kext then restart I can get to the desktop with very laggy graphics that are horrible.........Ive tried copying amdcontroller6000.kext to the desktop,deleting it from S/L/E and reinstalling it-that actually worked one time but every icon in launchpad was red...After that one successful restart it immediately started freezing at the white screen again....I am a noob to the mackintosh world so if anyone could please help me with instructions on as to how to fix this I d greatly appreciate it so much ,,as I also have to fix the ethernet afterwards....thank you.....Another thing-I am using the dvi connection

EDIT:today I noticed that it was a hit and miss-Sometimes if I booted with"GraphicsEnabler=no" I could boot into the desktop and my graphics were excellent no issues whatsoever....However it was hit and miss because other times when I used that bootflag I d still freeze at a white screen.....At one point I used "-s" bootflag then typed in "graphicsenabler=no" I noticed an error with cpu powermanagement-that was one of the times graphicsenabler=no didnt work........I didnt have the pinkish icons in launchpad on successful boots though.....can anyone help me

Ive been reading something about patching with "Pithecia"'''.....could this work in my situation?could someone tell me step by step how to do it?

UPDATE:the card Im running is msi radeon hd6450 which has 2gigs of dedicated memory...I spent all night once again trying to make the graphics work then I noticed something-when I first install using hdmi I have perfect graphics and acceleration but right after the niresh permissions fixes go through my screen turns grey for a second and comes back-when it does my icons in Launchpad are pink and as well when I restart the system I get the white screen again...I googled this and there was something about the amd6000controller.kext having permission issues?how do I fix this as to when I repair permissions or nireshs permissions don't break my graphics?Ive been going 3 weeks on this graphics issue and once its fixed I have the joys of making internet work

UPDATE:I VE tried several things including khatphats  hd6450 kexts-nothing works...When I reboot I get a blank white screen...any ideas? I did fix the Ethernet by purchasing an Ethernet card to disable onboard.I know this graphics card works because ive managed to get to the desktop a couple times with awesome graphics

UPDATE:After a long struggle with the 6450 on and AMD machine I decided to give up and started to read reviews over the radeon hd5450.Everywhere I looked I read bad reviews about the 5450 not working well with mavericks,major issues...So I went out on a limb and purchased the 5450 installed the 5450 and reinstalled Mavericks-LO and behold the 5450 worked  for me....In my intel machine the 6450 worked oob with mavericks but on an AMD not so lucky.However I m not so sure it isnt because the 6450 requires a 450 watt psu and my fathers machine can only use a 220 unless I run the new psu outside the pc due to it being a slimline..The moral of the story here folks is quit reading what works for someone else in the hackintosh world..However Id like to thank KHATPHAT for his 5450 kexts.Very much appreciated

21 answers to this question

Hey

I have just found out the cause. this is not a problem of the graphics card which is to problem with amd kernel. This problem is called "Pink launchpad icon" that a lot of people have this error and I also was one of them I don't have time to test yet but you can find in here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-220

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-249

i have amd radeon hd 6450 kexts for mavericks.Graphics works Perfect.let me know if you want it.

the card Im running is msi radeon hd6450 which has 2gigs of dedicated memory...I spent all night once again trying to make the graphics work then I noticed something-when I first install using hdmi I have perfect graphics and acceleration but right after the niresh permissions fixes go through my screen turns grey for a second and comes back-when it does my icons in Launchpad are pink and as well when I restart the system I get the white screen again...I googled this and there was something about the amd6000controller.kext having permission issues?how do I fix this as to when I repair permissions or nireshs permissions don't break my graphics?Ive been going 3 weeks on this graphics issue and once its fixed I have the joys of making internet work

If you wanna skip niresh permission issue.you can install mac os x using tonymac guide at his web site or using MyHack .

But once you install niresh 10.9 and the permission brakes your graphic .why dint you just install the graphics kexts after the installation os x has finish?

@- I did that,I made a copy of the amd6000controller.kext before I installed the os one time...after permissions finished i deleted the corrupt amd6000controller.kext and installed the new one that was fresh...Upon rebooting I was hit with the white screen...Once I removed the 6450 graphics card and installed the os using onboard graphics thinking amd6000controller.kext would be good if I installed the 6450 after the install- I was correct,it did work however upon reboot I was hit with the white screen again froze......

I honestly don't think it matters if I skip nireshs permissions because at one point or another I m going to have to repair permissions anyway and its going to screw up I m sure...let me also add I m running this same card on my system and I have no issues at all with it even after permissions,,,The only difference i see is my system is intel and his is amd

Well maybe tomorrow i will upload my Radeon Hd 6450 Kext to the download section.and let you know so you can download them and maybe it would fix the issue you are having

Your welcome!!! The file will ge posted tonight! After i get off work

ok.I ll give that a try I just hate being so close and cant figure it out....When the graphics work though they have been perfect however that's only on bootup after an install lol....

YES!! i have to wait until the administrator Approve The File.so it can be downloaded.Be Patient

ok The file has Been Approve by Niresh .You can Download Now