HOW TO- change bootloader on USB bootable disk
3 3

Question

I got my HP Pavilion 3xxx series laptop core i7 and 4GB of ram installed on it..I have YOSEMITE ZONE 10.10 on the USB bootable pendrive but stucked at "_/" symbol..

So i want to change the bootloader on my USB bootable pendrive..Help me to do that..Plzzz

1 person likes this

8 answers to this question

Replace the file named boot found in that volume with an updated version of chameleon

1 person likes this

10.10.1 will work for you without that "_/" symbol Error

Now my laptop reboots instantly after loading all kexts on installation... :crying:

If you have a 4th Gen processor load the Haswell custom kernel by typing /haswell in the boot flag.

I have a, XFX 750i Sli MoBo, Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor, ASUS Nvidea 760 GTX 2G OC Graphics Card ,8Gig Ram & a new 2TB HD of WD CavierBlack for Yosemite.
While In generally If I Jyst Hit Enter appear this "VESA v3.0 14MB (NVIDEA)" and after 35-40 second; for a micro / mili second it shows the Hackintosh sign and reboot !!!
Will I be Able install this in this config ?!?!?!?! :crying::headbang::sweating::angry::doh::brokenheart:
I am using 10.10.1 Hackintosh-Zone.dmg torrent downloaded edition for that Mac OS X  Yosemite, Please Please Please Help @KingMaker I Direly need this.
Thanks In Advance

@niresh please contact me asap as just got email asking for my details think theres a scammer on here emailing us all

So I am Trying to install Yosemite 10.10.1 directly onto a new hard disk drive. i did format my usb drive using theTransMac and restored the drive with the dmg file for yosemite.

Now am able to boot into the uefi clover bootloader but using that my amd restarts in a few seconds. And the legacy boot loader gets Stuck _/ symbol .

I was able to get through this first few times but it gets stuck on precursor.

After i retried that a few times. Now it is giving me boot0ss:error no matter what i do.

I will try and upload the log file soon :)

Suggestions if any are welcome for next steps...

MyBuild-

AMD FX8350

M5AFX99X R2.0

hyperX 8Gb 1866 mhz

nvidia gtx730

I have the same problem with HP Probook 6450b. (Intel core i5 first generation).
Instead, Mavericks bootloader loads normally.