Haswell Early Reboot
8 8

Question

I have Yosemite Zone burned to my USB, I can boot into the USB installer, but I simply can't boot into the mac installer, I see a flash of a grey image then instant reboot. I believe it's because of my CPU but I've searched to find something but I can't find a solution?

I have found Niresh's upload of the patched kernels for the Haswell range but, I have no clue how to install them.

Can someone please in detail explain how to install these, would be very much appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k 4.0Ghz

MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard

15 answers to this question

why dont't you read the guide i have clearly explained how to boot haswell

just use the kernel flag /haswell

1 person likes this

I'm absolutely not sure if this helps you both, but I'm able to start the isntaller en install Yosemite with the -no-zp bootflag. I even forgot what it meant. ;)

I have a haswell cpu too.

I had same problem, i5 4670K 8gb ram 2x4GB

I removed 1 memory stick, and disable some CPU configurations from bios like Max CPU lock feature.

Then next bootflags worked for me:  /haswell GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 ig-platform-id=0x0D220003  PCIRootUID=1

I have installed Yosemite everything works well but it hangs if i put back to place it 4GB again.

Could anyone help me? trying to install marvericks on my asus x99 motherboard but cant get it to work

Hi

I am sorry for bad English.

I would like to ask whether it is possible to install any distribution of the Lenovo C560 all-in-one. My configuration is Intel Pentium G3220T, Nvidia Geforce 705M 1600Ghz 8 GB RAM, Intel H81 Chipset, Audio Realtek ALC272, Realtek Lan RTL8111G, Wireles Lan Realtek 8188EE. I downloaded version 10.9 but before starting the installation, restart the PC.

Thanx

@mahav boot with xpcm-free -v boot flag

Hello, I booted xpcm-free -v boot flag, but stopped it when vowel ([iOBluetoothHCIController] [searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] - Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!). Stuck. 

I read on several forums that this is a problem graphics that this can be solved with booting -s. So I tried it, but it stops again at the same spells, do not know what to do.

As soon as the mouse appears my system hangs, the spinning beach ball stays and the progress bar will not move.

My specs are;

Intel Core i7 4790K

MSI Z97 PCMATE motherboard

no GPU (using integrated Intel HD 4600)

8GB Corsair vengeance pro 2400 mhz 

I booted with flags /haswell GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 ig-platform-id=0x0D220003  PCIRootUID=1 but no success with this, it still just hangs

I managed to install Yosemite on Haswell i5-4258u using the /haswell -x boot flags. However in order for mine to install I needed to use a usb wireless keyboard and mouse otherwise install would get stuck on the "turn keyboard and mouse on" screen.

However... After installation, I cannot start the machine and get constant kernel panic no matter what boot flags I use except when I boot only with the -x -v boot flags and get stuck at "Waiting for root device". I am using the patched kernel.

Acer Aspire V3-371 Ultrabook (Also known as Acer V13)

- 6GB RAM

- Intel Core i5-4258u (http://ark.intel.com/products/75990/Intel-Core-i5-4258U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_90-GHz)

- 120GB Kingston SSD (If using SSD, BIOS is already set to AHCI, BIOS advanced menu is locked so cannot check VT-D, but to my knowledge it is disabled by default as well)

- Intel Iris 5100 Graphics

Hope I helped some people with booting the installer and that someone will help me resolve my issue. Have tried every possible boot flag combination in my head for the past 2 weeks.

1 person likes this

Could anyone help me? trying to install marvericks on my asus x99 motherboard but cant get it to work