Trying to install Yosemite Zone on tablet with Bay Trail
4 4

Question

Hello to all, i'm trying to install a Yosemite Zone on a tablet with a Intel Atom Bay Trail CPU but i'm stuck.

these are the specs of tablet:

Processor Model: Intel Bay Trail-T Z3736F

Processor Main Frequency: Quad Core, 64-bit, 2.16GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics GEN7
Memory Capacity: 2Gb DDR3L
Tablet Data Capacity: 32GB
Screen Size: 9.7"
Display resolution: 2048X1536

I have two main problems, if I don't set the bus speed to 100.000kHz remains stuck on "root uuid is xxxx ..." (but it's speed should be 83.000kHz)

setting it to 100.000kHz can pass the "root uuid is xxx" but I get a kernel panic:

AppleACPIPlatformExpert :: start failed

i've already tried some boot flags without success. Any idea? Thank u so much!

PS: It's normal that recognize 16 threads and 8 cores? Oo

7 answers to this question

Hey! 

I have a Pentium Baytrail processor, but it has has the same bus speed and also runs 2.16Ghz (2.58Ghz Turbo) - Can't guarantee this will work, but I have this custom kernel from another forum post about my specific computer. With this kernel, everything runs fine, but you need to boot with these boot flags:

-f

PCIRootUID=1

npci=0x3000

it is possible you will need cpus=4 but try without it first

FYI, this kernel is only made to work in 10.9 Mavericks, but I've never tested it on Yosemite, so it is possible it might work.

Some other pointers:

Depending on your native screen resolution, you will need to use the flag "Graphics Mode"="[yournativeresolution]x32" - Example, "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" - type exactly as is, caps and quotes and all.

you will need to use this flag until you enable graphics support for your gen7 graphics.

This kernel has worked much better with chameleon bootloader (which you must boot in legacy bios mode to use) than clover (UEFI boot mode) - It's been a while since I tried clover, but think the two issues I had were the speed of the animations and some of the top taskbar icons dissapearing. Feel free to try clover if you prefer that and let me know how it goes.

If this kernel works for you, please keep me and the community updated on your progress, as there are many people interested in installing OSX on baytrail tablets and laptops - for me specifically, the thing I absolutely need the most to figure out with my hackintosh is how to enable support for the integrated gen7 intel graphics. I hear hackintosh graphics support is much easier to troubleshoot in clover than in chameleon, but of course you will have to figure out how to get the clover bootloader to work well with your baytrail installation first. 

So basically if you make any progress with making clover work well, please please update, and if you ever make the slightest bit of progress with enabling graphics support either in clover or chameleon, please please PLEASE update!!! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that may not be relevant to the forum as a whole but are relevant to this issue.

Good Luck!

mach_kernel

P.S. What bootloader are you currently using?

Sorry to hack the thread.  But I am also looking to do this with a Bay Trail machine.  

On 1/9/2016 at 1:52 PM, evan kontsiotis said:

I have a Pentium Baytrail processor, but it has has the same bus speed and also runs 2.16Ghz (2.58Ghz Turbo

From the speeds you mentioned you have a N2840?  What machine are you using?  How does OSX run on it?

I am going to try to install using the info and file you posted!

Thank you

I'm running Mavericks on 2014 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2in1, model i3147-3750slv, Intel BayTrail Pentium N3530. With the kernel in my previous reply, Mavericks runs remarkably well, no complaints or issues aside from non-existent graphics support. That's no big deal though considering there are laptops with HD3000 and so on that should be working OBO but still need some sort of patches. I don't expect it to be easy to enable QE/CI for BayTrail as there is not even a framebuffer kext for it like there is for normal i-series graphics.

Like I said though, this only seems to work correctly with chameleon. I can confirm as of now that the issues I mentioned previously regarding clover (double speed animation, certain features missing in bar on top of screen, most particularly the bluetooth icon) - I did also discover that it may not just be an issue with chameleon or clover, as when I upgraded from chameleon 2378 to enoch chameleon, I had the same issue. 2378 is the last version of chameleon before the team began to incorporate stuff for yosemite, so maybe the reason clover had that issue is only because I was using whatever version that clover configurator gave me. My hackintosh progress is a bit slow right now but I'll report back when I test a clover version from before yosemite.

If anybody is interested in the original thread where i got the patched kernel, here's the link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301132-cannot-reach-installation-on-dell-inspiron-11-3147/

cgsg2017 on that thread is me just fyi.

Happy Hackintoshing!

8 hours ago, moku160 said:

Sorry to hack the thread.  But I am also looking to do this with a Bay Trail machine.  

From the speeds you mentioned you have a N2840?  What machine are you using?  How does OSX run on it?

I am going to try to install using the info and file you posted!

Thank you

Awesome, thanks for the reply.  I will try it on a chromebook, Dell 3120 with Celeron N2840 cpu, this weekend.

Thank you again for your information.  I will post if I am successful (in a new thread) 

Sounds awesome, and i wish you the best of luck. If you happen to post your success in a new thread please link it here Thanks!

After a lot of research, trial and error, and near bricking LOL I found out its not possible at this time.  Basically my device, dell 3120, does not have a Bios that will allow it and though due to the works of John Lewis and Matt DeVillier (Mr. Chromebox)  it is possible to boot from USB by installing a custom Legacy boot flashing a full rom is necessary to Install windows, and I assume this also applies to OSX.  Mr. Chromebox seems to be working on creating compatible roms for Chromebook Bay Trail devices but until then I will have to be happy with Chrome OS... maybe I will dual boot it with Gallium Linux for now.

On 9/1/2016 at 4:52 PM, evan kontsiotis said:

Hey! 

I have a Pentium Baytrail processor, but it has has the same bus speed and also runs 2.16Ghz (2.58Ghz Turbo) - Can't guarantee this will work, but I have this custom kernel from another forum post about my specific computer. With this kernel, everything runs fine, but you need to boot with these boot flags:

-f

PCIRootUID=1

npci=0x3000

it is possible you will need cpus=4 but try without it first

FYI, this kernel is only made to work in 10.9 Mavericks, but I've never tested it on Yosemite, so it is possible it might work.

Some other pointers:

Depending on your native screen resolution, you will need to use the flag "Graphics Mode"="[yournativeresolution]x32" - Example, "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" - type exactly as is, caps and quotes and all.

you will need to use this flag until you enable graphics support for your gen7 graphics.

This kernel has worked much better with chameleon bootloader (which you must boot in legacy bios mode to use) than clover (UEFI boot mode) - It's been a while since I tried clover, but think the two issues I had were the speed of the animations and some of the top taskbar icons dissapearing. Feel free to try clover if you prefer that and let me know how it goes.

If this kernel works for you, please keep me and the community updated on your progress, as there are many people interested in installing OSX on baytrail tablets and laptops - for me specifically, the thing I absolutely need the most to figure out with my hackintosh is how to enable support for the integrated gen7 intel graphics. I hear hackintosh graphics support is much easier to troubleshoot in clover than in chameleon, but of course you will have to figure out how to get the clover bootloader to work well with your baytrail installation first. 

So basically if you make any progress with making clover work well, please please update, and if you ever make the slightest bit of progress with enabling graphics support either in clover or chameleon, please please PLEASE update!!! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that may not be relevant to the forum as a whole but are relevant to this issue.

Good Luck!

mach_kernel

P.S. What bootloader are you currently using?

Wow!
Really bro?
I have a Dell Inspiron 3451
Intel pentium n3540 (4 cores, 2.16Ghz)
4GB of DDR3L 1333Mhz RAM (only stick, only slot)

I'm currently using windows 10
But like a month ago a tried a lot to hackintosh this laptop with no succes
Tried using Niresh Mavericks distro
didn't even boot, tried both legacy and uefi bios modes, disable secure mode, etc, nothing changed
It wasn't even getting to chameleon bootloader, i was able to see 2 lines of code for like 1/2 of a second then it suddenly restarted
Then i tried Iatkos mountain lion for uefi bios, kind of same but it didn't even detected media on my pendrive
Then i tried El Capitan with clover bootloader
Clover booted, but when i selected my pendrive to start installation Apple logo got stuck
I tried some flags... nothing
Then, on facebook everybode told me there was no support for intel hd graphics for pentium/ celeron/ atom baytrail processors
They told me to give up, but now i see what you commented on here and i'm so excited to try it again

I hope you could help me,, i really want to hackintosh this laptop, i know i'm just a noob at things like this but i went so happy with this