[Help] Intel® GMA 4500MHD kext
2 2

3 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!!

Yesterday I've installed the patch for the graphics card (http://thesave.altervista.org/2011/11/finally-snow-leopard-10-6-8-on-my-ul30a/

It doesn't affect anything at all.

I could have installed the Resolution fix (which works) but then I only got 4MB of graphics memory, and that isn't enough for me.

DSDT files:

Here are the images I took to show my configuration:

The laptop that OS X Yosemite is running on has these specs:

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor SU7300 : 1.3 GHz 

Mobile Intel® GS45 Express Chipset

DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 4GB SDRAM 

15.6" HD (1366x768) LED backlight,Color-Shine (Glare-type)

Embedded Intel® GMA 4500MHD 

Intel® WiFi Link 1000

Integrated 802.11 b/g/n 

What do I need to enable? How do I make OS X load the installed kext file for my graphics?

Another side question, does anybody have the KEXT files for the Intel WiFi Link 1000 b/g/n? I can't find them anywhere. If they don't exist, are there any KEXT files that work with this chip? (or are there files available for eg the WiFi Link 1050 that is working, maybe we can adjust the KEXT to let the 1000 work?)

Thanks for helping me out with this massive headache.

Small note: I've tried many different KEXT files, and the result with most of the files was a grey screen at boot, so I used grafix to remove them and boot my OS X "Mac"

Hi Tim,

I have the same graphic and wifi card in my laptop and I've had exactly the same problem as you have before I tried installing kext for Intel GMA X3100. Now it shows me 144 MB and works without any problems. And to the wifi card; well there isn't any kext on the internet. Trust me, I've been trying to find one for ages, but unfortunately without any success. It's probably caused because of the fact that these cards have never been used in apple products, so you might have a look at some other.

Hope this will help you