Could you be awesome and check my build plans + answer some questions? Thanks much!!!
1 1

Hello, I am fairly new to this whole thing so I am going to dive right in.  Please pardon my lack of tech lingo.

I am an AVID mac user... Love it so much.  However do to budget and needs it is time for me to custom build a pc.  My goal is to have a computer that I can boot into windows, or OS X whenever I want. 

An important thing is I want to make sure having my pc being a macintosh will not hurt or risk and part of the Windows part of the computer.  I wish for it to be able to run just like (or close to) how it would without mac OS X also on it.

I guess I have two parts

Part A (My Build)

Here is the list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cubby208/saved/#view=6smBD3

CPU: i7-5820k (6 core, superthread 3.3gHz
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 (GDDR5)
RAM: Crucial 16gb 2x8 (DDR4 2133) (288-pin dim)
Motherboard: MSI X99s  (intel x99)

HardDrive: (would get two ssd's and 1hdd (each of the ss'ds would be a boot drive, then the hdd would be partitioned) 

A. SSD  Samsung 850 EVO

B. HDD Segate Baracuda

Wireless: Rosewill  ( N900PCE)

Everything look good?

Part B (questions)

1.  Is their risk when doing hackingtosh? Can I permanently damage a part?

2. Do I need a sound card on my build for mac to use, or can it use the motherboards?

3.  I have heard sound doesn't quite work.... Is this true?

4.  What does it look like when you turn on your computer with windows and OS X on it?

5. Could running OS X on it cause overlocking? I am avoiding doing that at all costs.

6. In my OS X part would plugging in a compatible keyboard still work?

7. Good tutorials on this?

Thankyou so much guys! It means a lot that you look at this kind of stuff.  Hopefully someday I will be good enough at this to do the same.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet