VirtualBox install - doesn't work with Yosemite Zone 10.10.1
3 3

Question

I am trying to install the very latest Niresh Hackintosh "Yosemite Zone" in VirtualBox. I am using the latest version of VirtualBox from the website.

My machine details:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core 3.5 GHZ BX80646I74770K
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87 LGA 1150 HDMI (GA-Z87-D3HP)
RAM: 12 GB
HD: SATA, 1 TB Western Digital
Graphics: integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600
Audio: Realtek ALC892 codec High Definition Audio
Monitor: HDMI (LG 32" TV)

I have followed these directions perfectly:

I'm allocating 4 GB RAM, 1 core CPU, and 16 MB video memory. I have 2D/3D acceleration UNchecked.
I disabled EFI, as directed in the instructions.

Which, by the way, WORKED PERFECTLY FOR Mavericks (10.9). Again, I repeat: With the same hardware, the same OS, and the same VirtualBox configuration, I was able to install (Niresh) Mavericks with no problems. So I'm not doing anything fundamentally wrong. If I went through the same steps with a different ISO (e.g., Mavericks) I'd be using Mac OSX 10.9 right now. So whatever is wrong, it's specific to Yosemite Zone ONLY and was not present in Mavericks.

Unfortunately, Mavericks 10.9 is too old. Xcode requires 10.9.4 or higher. If I could easily upgrade to 10.9.4 I'd be fine as well! But if I use the App store, it requires arcane knowledge of hackintosh kexts, etc. to get the system working again. I'm a newbie to Hackintosh.

I tried the CPU ID fix. I also tried disabling audio/network. Still hangs at 50%. I've certainly done my best to figure this out on my own (google, reading existing comments, forums, etc.) but nothing works in my case. I've found 2 or 3 threads on here that seem to describe my problem at first glance, and claim to be "solved" -- but I would dispute that, at least in my case.

I also tried 2 different ISO images for Niresh Yosemite Zone (10.10 and 10.10.1). The former had a grey apple logo in the middle of the screen, while the latter has the red apple logo with the axe. But they both froze 30-50% of the way through booting off the ISO.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Matthew

post-177985-0-91044300-1426020747_thumb.

9 answers to this question

i have the same,i just close virtualbox and restart it go to the install,but stuck at last 2 minutes....

Thank you ran000 , at last i installed the yosemite 10.10.1,and update to 1010.2.

Thank you ran000 , at last i installed the yosemite 10.10.1,and update to 1010.2.

Does shutdown work well for you or system hung as I have?

I found another torrent, of 10.10.1 that someone installed (a VMDK file) and I tried to boot that -- same problem! It stops halfway.

So it seems to be a problem with Virtualbox and/or my computer's hardware.

BUT, again, if I use that same version of Virtualbox, and that same hardware to try to run Mavericks, I get no problems.

What major change happened in Yosemite that wasn't there in Mavericks? I wouldn't think there would be that much difference.

Does shutdown work well for you or system hung as I have?

I just shutdown the virtulbox,and boot into singel model proceed the last step and reboot, then everything seemed ok.

Hello,

Please, could you give me some idea which customization you have done for you VirtualBox installation.

I just shutdown the virtulbox,and boot into singel model proceed the last step and reboot, then everything seemed ok.