MSI B85M-P33 - Can't boot installer, instant restart no matter what flags are used
1 1

After a few years long break from Hackintosh I'm trying to get back with my "new" PC. Unfortunately I didn't build it with Hackintosh in mind so I guess my motherboard is incompatible / has some problems. First, the spec:

CPU: i5 4440

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB

I downloaded latest Niresh Yosemite and made a bootable USB using TransMac. However, once I boot up from it and choose "Yosemite-Zone", my PC instantly restarts just after seeing Hackintosh Zone logo for a second. I tried booting with all kinds of flags. GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, PCIRootUID=0/1, -x, -v, ncpci=0x2000 etc. Nothing, always the same. When I boot in verbose mode I can't even see any error. Back in the days when I was installing Snow Leo, booting with -v resulted with installer getting stuck at the error so I could see what's going on. Now its different, even when I boot with -v I can see kexts loading up but then it just restarts without giving me an error.

I set all the things I could in my MOBO's settings according to installation guide. Booting mode is set from "UEFI" to "Legacy+UEFI" (that's all I have, don't have typical "Legacy" or "UEFI=Disabled"), HPET is enabled (I can only choose enabled/disabled, don't have an option to set it to 64-bit), disks run on AHCI. I tried booting using my NVIDIA GTX 660 and  internal graphics - always the same. I even unplugged completely my GTX 660 and run strictly on internal card - same thing. I even tried to unplug all the hard drives just to see if the installer boots up - nothing helps.

So I guess the last thing that might prevent me from booting up is my MOBO. I digged through all the settings and I set everything correctly as much as I could - the settings on my mobo are kind of limited so not much to change :/ Is it possible that I need to patch my BIOS? I heard there is some pmpatch and uefipatch. Which one to choose? Is UEFIPatch really needed if I'm not using full UEFI boot mode?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet