Screen problem when updating to 10.9.5
1 1

Hi everyone I'm new in the forum and English isn't my first language But i'll try to be comprensible.

A week ago I installed the niresh 10.9 rrelease on my notebook HP Pavilion DV7 4320el. I used the flags "HP" and "-v" and everything was perfect. Then i installed the right kext for my Intel HD Graphics and i was able to use graphics application like QuickTime (i unfortunatly failed in making my discrete ATI mobility radeon 6550m work because my BIOS doesn't let me turn off the Intel graphics)

After all I was really satisfied of my work, But yesterday i decided to test FCP on my system the problem was that my standard 10.9 version wasn't able to male the app starting so I decided to updating to 10.9.5.

I didn't find any official guide so i took the one i saw in a post that was for a gigabyte motherboard But the steps where simples: i had to copy kernel and estensions folder with terminal Then install the 10.9.5 combo update downloaded from Apple store(the web site not the app) and restare with the various bootflags and move the copied kext and kernel. 

i followed each step But when i restarted the screen went grey with some coloured lines; at first i thought

it was the known graphics problem so i did the procedure in -s to load the vesa acceleration But it were grey again. After a bit a saw something moving and i understood that there was my mouse pointer.

So the problem is this(excuse me for the poem i wrote) when i start the system Even if i use every flags i know it start and works but the screen is totally unusable, i recognised the finder window But it'S really hard to use, allo to describe when i will able to i'll post a photo 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet