Need bootflags for my Laptop
1 1

Question

Hey guys,

Finally I got my USB stick to boot into Yosemite-Zone, but when I select it, the Apple logo appears, and freezes.

Since in some cases you need bootflags, recommend me some that I can use to install it.

This are my computer specs:

TOSHIBA SATELLITE NB15-A1101KL

Processor: Intel Celeron N2820 Dual-core @ 2.13GHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (1366x768 res. at 60Hz)

RAM: 4GB

HDD: 500 GB (Dual boot with Windows 8.1)

BIOS type: UEFI

WiFi adapter: Qualcomm Atheros AR956x

Thanks ;)

5 answers to this question

Don't really want to discourage you but it's highly unlikely you'll get OS X running on that laptop. The reason is your CPU has built-in graphics that are not supported by OS X ( they don't use cheap Intel CPUs , figures, right ? ). 
The only supported Intel GPUs are the HD3000 series and above.
 I also have a laptop with HD2000 but tough luck, doesn't seem OS X will work on it from what I've read online. Intel HD Graphics might get you some partial support with no graphics acceleration but having tried that ... it's not really worth it.
What I do suggest it either get a new laptop with a supported Intel CPU or just put Linux on your laptop... I recommend Kubuntu or Fedora with KDE but if you want a more Mac feeling try Bodhi Linux ( Ubuntu based has Enlightenment Desktop ).
Sorry but I think these 2 are your only options unfortunately.

Don't really want to discourage you but it's highly unlikely you'll get OS X running on that laptop. The reason is your CPU has built-in graphics that are not supported by OS X ( they don't use cheap Intel CPUs , figures, right ? ). 

The only supported Intel GPUs are the HD3000 series and above.

I also have a laptop with HD2000 but tough luck, doesn't seem OS X will work on it from what I've read online. Intel HD Graphics might get you some partial support with no graphics acceleration but having tried that ... it's not really worth it.

What I do suggest it either get a new laptop with a supported Intel CPU or just put Linux on your laptop... I recommend Kubuntu or Fedora with KDE but if you want a more Mac feeling try Bodhi Linux ( Ubuntu based has Enlightenment Desktop ).

Sorry but I think these 2 are your only options unfortunately.

Thanks, but I readed somewhere that it was possible. I'll keep looking for a solution.

Again, thanks.

Sorry, my mistake. It seems Intel always names the graphics for these lower end CPUs Intel HD graphics but they're indeed different from 1st gen Intel HD.

Yours seems to belong to the 7th gen Intel graphics according to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_graphics_processing_units

So your best bet is to try the hd4000 kext but of course that won't work out of the box. You must tweak it and I'm pretty sure you need to at least put you GPU Id in the kext. I'm not sure that's the only kext where your GPU ID needs to go, there's probably others. It doesn't seem anyone has got this working but ...

One option you can use is booting with -x but that's safe mode ( npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 too if needed )

You could also try booting with -s and then doing the first 2 instructions there fsck and mount after which you can do 
grafix backup all

This will then remove all your graphics drivers and allow you to boot using some not accelerated VESA, you resolution will be low too.

It seems that you either have to put a lot of work into making this work and hacking the HD4000 kext somehow or just give up on it as I said and try Linux ( or buy new hardware but that costs money ).

Unless you have skills and are willing to do some serious debugging and hacking this is not going to work. Not really sure what this involves but you might need to look at the binary at some point ( using Ida Pro or hopper ).  

I Don't mean to scare you or disappoint but it is what it is.