OSX Mavericks Boots, Need Help With Several Issues
1 1

Hello, so I'm new to the Hackintosh world but I've got my feet wet by attempting to install OSX Mavericks on my laptop. After a lot, and I mean A LOT of hours, trial and error, I've finally got it to boot and run the OS, which has been quite an accomplishment! However, there's still several lingering issues that are pretty vital to fix. I've done a lot of research on how to do so, but everything I've tried seems to be half-right or completely wrong and not work at all. Before I get started, let me list my system specifications, methods and steps I used to get to where I am now.

My Laptop:

Asus R510DP-RH11(based on the X550DP system)

APU: AMD A10 5750M @ 2.5Ghz 4 Cores/4 Logical

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8650G+8670M 2GB

RAM: 2X4GB 1600Mhz

Drives: WD Black 2 Dual Drive(120GB SSD + 1TB HDD), WD Caviar Blue 5400RPM 2.5" Drive, CD/DVD R+W Optical Drive

Display: 1920X1080 LED @ 60Hz

1. Please note, OSX is NOT going on my Black 2 drive, Windows is currently installed on there and I don't want to mess with that. OSX is currently installed on my WD Caviar Blue drive, which is an internal drive from a previous laptop turned into a spare external drive to run OSX.

2. The boot flags I've used to boot into the installer successfully and install OSX are: amd -v cpus=1(this was extremely hard to get to believe it or not, I tried up to 7 or 8 boot flags simultaneously at some point just to get to where I am!)

3. I don't remember everything I customized when I selected how to install OSX, however I do remember turning off GraphicsEnabler, TRIM support for SSDs, selecting the Macbook Pro identifier and Chameleon Standard for my boot even though my motherboard boots in UEFI.

4. My BIOS are very limited, I can remove secure boot, fast boot and enable the other two features(I can't remember their names) to load the Niresh USB, but outside of that there's no option to disable APU graphics, no other "advanced" options except how the motherboard reads from SATA, etc.

-------------------------------------Troubleshoot Section-------------------------------------

Okay, so now that's out of the way, let me explain my current issues.

First off, OSX will not boot without the Niresh USB, I can select the drive and use the boot flags "-v" and "cpus=1" but without them or the drive, I cannot boot OSX at all. How can I make my drive independent and able to boot on its own? If I cannot, can I partition my WD Blue drive to have the Niresh USB and the OSX system so it only takes 1 USB port? If both are not an option, what options do I have then?

My second issue is with wireless and bluetooth capabilities, my wireless drivers are from Ralink, however I have no clue what my actual wireless card model is. It does not say what it is on the Asus website, in the device manager or in the manual. I attempted to load some Kexts that were supposed to work, but they did not. Is there an extra step I need to take in Terminal or Kext Wizard?

My third issue is my trackpad, the drivers for it aren't working at all. I honestly haven't attempted to fix this issue as it's been the least of my concerns considering that a wireless mouse can remedy this issue. However, I rely on a bluetooth mouse and not a wireless mouse to keep a USB port free, hence the conundrum of a catch 22(sort of).

My last concern, not the least however, is my graphics problem. The resolution is stuck below 1080p, I'm assuming at x768 or something close to 720, but not 1080. There are also several graphical glitches when loading Launchpad and Safari, I haven't opened everything yet so there could be other programs that are affected, but mainly the graphics flicker and disappear for 1/10th of a second when moving around within the application. As I said before I cannot disable the APU graphics within my BIOS, I'm perfectly okay with disabling the dedicated GPU because I don't plan to run graphic intense applications like Photoshop or ZBrush in OSX, mainly XCode for learning purposes and Garageband/Logic Pro for audio design. As long as I can get one of the graphics cards to stop glitching out and functioning properly for my Hackintosh, I'll be happy.

Thanks in advance for your help and support, I do truly appreciate it. I will try to answer your questions as best and as quickly as I can, however I'm not an expert(at least with Mac) so bear with me please! Thank you.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet