OSX-Mavericks.dmg won't burn to usb or dvd
1 1

Question

Basically I downloaded it via utorrent from the torrent file provided on this site. I attempted burning it using win32 disk imager, the usb burner recommended on the macbreak guide, http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/01/install-osx-mavericks-on-pc-with-niresh.html . It said it burned successfully, but once i tried booting it with the correct bios settings ect., nothing happened. I then tried opening the usb drive via my computer and it said "you need to format thiis disk drive before you can use it". Then after formatting the drive to ntfs,  i TRIED USING USBIT TO BURN IT, SAME SHIT. I THEN TRIED CONVERTING IT TO AN .ISO USING MAGICISO IT GOT STUCK AT 24%, TRIED ADMIN XP MODE EVERYTHING. I COULDN'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO CONVERT IT WITH POWERISO BECAUSE POWERISO DIDN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE MY USB. THEN I TRIED CONVERTING IT USING DMG2IMG, IT SAID THE .DMG WAS CORRUPT WTF!!!. I EVEN TRIED A NIRESH 10.8 .DMG I FOUND ON THEPIRATEBAY SAME STORY. WTF IS GOING ON?

7 answers to this question

Basically I downloaded it via utorrent from the torrent file provided on this site. I attempted burning it using win32 disk imager, the usb burner recommended on the macbreak guide, http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/01/install-osx-mavericks-on-pc-with-niresh.html . It said it burned successfully, but once i tried booting it with the correct bios settings ect., nothing happened. I then tried opening the usb drive via my computer and it said "you need to format thiis disk drive before you can use it". Then after formatting the drive to ntfs,  i TRIED USING USBIT TO BURN IT, SAME SHIT. I THEN TRIED CONVERTING IT TO AN .ISO USING MAGICISO IT GOT STUCK AT 24%, TRIED ADMIN XP MODE EVERYTHING. I COULDN'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO CONVERT IT WITH POWERISO BECAUSE POWERISO DIDN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE MY USB. THEN I TRIED CONVERTING IT USING DMG2IMG, IT SAID THE .DMG WAS CORRUPT WTF!!!. I EVEN TRIED A NIRESH 10.8 .DMG I FOUND ON THEPIRATEBAY SAME STORY. WTF IS GOING ON?

windows Don't have permission to write HFS+ drive thats why you getting promt for FORMAT ,so you need to use third party softwares to

access ,just restore or write usb using Win32disimager or transmac or usbit afterwards boot boot with usb ,don't format it .

Use transmac on a Windows

Forgot to mention i tried tansmac already, even tried burning it to a dvd. 

Tried a different usb drive and it worked, da shit? now that i've installed mavericks everytime i boot it up, my AMD laptop freezes at the startup screen. I have no idea what bootflag i should use or if i even need a bootflag, because my laptop is uncompatiable and a matter of fact its hp so i have very limited bios settings, so it might not even work anyways.

Tried a different usb drive and it worked, da shit? now that i've installed mavericks everytime i boot it up, my AMD laptop freezes at the startup screen. I have no idea what bootflag i should use or if i even need a bootflag, because my laptop is uncompatiable and a matter of fact its hp so i have very limited bios settings, so it might not even work anyways.

Boot using this bootflag -v and tell us where u get stuck

Oh sorry for replying late, i fixed the problem by booting in safe mode using -x, once i booted in safe mode and configured the startup i could boot straight into the os with no problems.