IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport cause boot issue1
2 2

Question

I downloaded Niresh Yosemite 10.10 (installed with Transmac) and 10.10.1 (installed on USB using Disk Utility) as a DMG.

When I booted the USB stick I set my bootflags to: 

/amdfx -v -x -f npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=no

Then my system starts up almost completely, but then this error pops up:

Previous shutdown cause: 3
[IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0x9800 ****
No interval found for . Using 8000000

Soon after that my USB Stick gets disconnected (no power over the USB port anymore).

I also get multiple messages that the "media is not present". It also seems like the IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport is in a infinite loop printing out error messages as follows:

**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] --in our workloop -- 0x5800 ****

**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] --in our workloop -- 0x5800 ****

**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] -- parameter is valid -- 0x5800 ****
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] -- parameter is valid -- 0x5800 ****
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] -- ReEnumerateOrReset = 2 -- 0x5800 ****
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] -- ReEnumerateOrReset = 2 -- 0x5800 ****
 [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] -- calling myHub->ReEnumerateDevice() -- gEnumerateCounter = 1
 [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] -- calling myHub->ReEnumerateDevice() -- gEnumerateCounter = 1
 [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] -- exit; error = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess)

[IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrReset] -- exit; error = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess)

****  [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ReEnumerateOrResetThreadEntry] -- exiting -- 0x5800

USBF:      121.228    AppleUSBHubPort::FatalError - Port 1 of Hub at 0x12100000 reported error 0xe0004061 while doing get status (first in port status change)

I also tried to delete IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext but it is impossible since I have no write permission when booting in the single user mode.

Any tips?

12 answers to this question

When you're in Single user mode, remount the volume as Read/Write.

fsck -fy
mount -uw /

Then navigate to /S/L/E to delete te kext.

I used both commands and I get the notification multiple times

disk2s2: device is write locked.

Probably this is because this is a USB stick installer. 

Open the installer .dmg using transmac / disk utility, expand the dmg, open the expanded dmg in transmac and delete the kext. Then convert the expanded dmg file and place it back on your usb installer :-)

Make sure that you enabled 'show hidden files' in transmac, though.

It seems like IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext does not exist. I tried to delete all kext files with Bluetooth in its name but still no change. Mh...

Thank for help. I have solved my problem with irreguler hanging by deleteing IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext.

My MSI GS60 work well now with Yosemite 10.10.3 !!!!!

And where is it located? I can not find this kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ ...

Hello

Correct path: /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext

Do not forget to rebuild kext cache

Good lack

I booted now using -f bootflag but it does not work. The bluetooth message occurs again. I guess it is a CPU issue, because if I change the kernel, different error logs appear.

I'm using a AMD A-Series A8-6410 CPU. Mh..

Ok here is the thing: I tried to delete IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext in TransMac and still get the same old error logs.

Then I booted in single users mode to check if the file is still there, and it is!!

I do not know what to do since I can not see the Kext in TransMac anymore and on Single User Mode I have no write acess -__-

I guess the best thing would be to download a clear dmg, open it in Mac OS X Mountain Lion (which worked for me) and then remove the kext before creating the Boot stick...