The Problem Has been solved/Found out about (AMD A6,A7,A8,A9,A10 APU)
11 11

Question

Yes I've done the research and everything came together and You wont be able to install any Mac OS X to your PC if you have a AMD APU because the APU is a CPU/Graphics Joined together and Mac dont support it so its up to someone like Niresh to make it it would be nice if he could but to everyone that has a problem and get that kernel panic even when you use "-v -x USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No -f) And it still doesn't work...... It was a waste of your time because that wasn't the problem it was you Processor ! Hopefully we see a difference int he future about this problem for laptops !

Update: 1/14/2014 for some people it will work IE desktops have the Chance !

Staff DO NOT Unpin or Delete this thread, This is for people who have this Processor and to stop them from wasting there time trying/posting a thread about it !

3 people like this

53 answers to this question

also sound glitches too, but u always can find  kexts for ur system  at  http://olarila.com/kexts/

all Credits  too Bronya aka Bronzovka @ insanelymac.com/forums  for he's perfect  kernels

Im gonna try it now, I ll report back the after results

Bronya 10.9 beta rc4 fix kernel will solve ur prob

Link? 

Delete more of my posts

Post are being deleted cause people will post there problems in this thread, this isn't for support this is information for people with this issue

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-238

post :4743   have attachment...   download and unzip, rename it to  "amd"  and paste it to the root directory of  Niresh's Maverick destro. Boot it from destro and use  just "-v" "amd" without quotes, after it load files it will freeze for few mins depends of ur  system. then it will continue with installation.

After installation it will reboot use flags  "-v" ("GraphicsEnabler=No" if u using more than 1 displays) without quotes (u can use also ur APU GPU  XD)  make  fast  login to prevent freeze of system (its happens if u are not log in fast).  

Im currently posting it from a working Hackintosh  on  APU  A8 3870k over clocked @3,4GHz with 8GB Ram but i have  issues with Graphics  :/ will solve it later.

P.S. i installed em today. for APU always trust only Bronya's(Bronzovka's)  kernels don't afraid to ask him in pm a help(insanelymac.com/forums) he always  can give a link to he's latest  kernels.

1 person likes this

after post installation reboot... make an account very fast cause it freezes some time and u need to reboot...

always  GraphicsEnabler=No they will work anyway  perfect except  APUs GPU which will glitch and  find only 5mb vram

after post installation reboot... make an account very fast cause it freezes some time and u need to reboot...

always  GraphicsEnabler=No they will work anyway  perfect except  APUs GPU which will glitch and  find only 5mb vram

Yup Got the same thing I did what it said on that post and i tried "amd -v" amd -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No" And non work picture below

[spoiler]Posted Image[/spoiler]

Did u renamed  Bronya's mach_kernel to amd  and replaced the distro's amd kernel with the new one renamed from bronya?

Yup i did that all do you have skype? you don't need a mic i can show you on video

latvian88
Sent Yesterday, 10:37 AM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• [*]
Posted Image [*]Members [*]Posted Image [*]5 posts

Hi.

I'm too lazy to give you links, but i can describe how and what i installed.

• [*]USB installation made with myHack (Pandora app works just as good) [*]download and copy
##### app to the USB [*]copy a working kernel(s) to USB (for me the Bronya_RC4_fix and BSA_kernel v8 & v9 have worked) [*]now start installation from USB (needed flags are "npci=0x2000" and the name of the kernel if it's not named "mach_kernel" - for example "bsa_kernel") [*]format hard drive and continue with the installer; in the end myHack will ask a few questions (since i don't remember them you should probably check the guide on myHack website) [*]when the installer finishes it will give you a timer 10 seconds to restart - before you restart you should open a terminal and manually copy the working kernel to your freshly installed OSX (for me myHack always installed a non working kernel)
  • [*]now close terminal, let the installer properly reboot and when booting up your new Mavericks use the proper flags - "<kernel_name> npci=0x2000 -v" [*]if everything booted up properly - good; if not then try using a different kernel and if that doesn't help then look up your problem on the internet [*]open
##### app - install network and sound (if the ALC* one doesn't work, then install VooDooHDA) drivers [*]if your video card works out of the box - great, if not then you'll need to download the right kext (you should find the right one on this websites Download section) [*]since i'm using the latest HWSensors i have also updated FakeSMC and *Sensors kexts - all from the official HWsensors website [*]i'm using the latest BSA kernel (version9) and that came with some additional kexts - so install them also

That's about it.. if something fails - try booting with "-x" and then try to fix the problem.

btw, if you want video acceleration (QE/QI) you'll need a seperate GPU because no one has video drivers for APU.

cp /Volume/myHack/<your kernel> /Volume/OSX/<new_kernel>

This is fantastic! I have the ASrock FM2A55M-DGS V2.0 motherboard and was getting the kernal panic every time I tried to load into OSX. I am using a dedicated video card now and am able to work just fine but its nice to know that the problem was addressed! Great work guys. 

1 person likes this

Yes I've done the research and everything came together and You wont be able to install any Mac OS X to your PC if you have a AMD APU because the APU is a CPU/Graphics Joined together and Mac dont support it so its up to someone like Niresh to make it it would be nice if he could but to everyone that has a problem and get that kernel panic even when you use "-v -x USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No -f) And it still doesn't work...... It was a waste of your time because that wasn't the problem it was you Processor ! Hopefully we see a difference int he future about this problem for laptops !

Update: 1/14/2014 for some people it will work IE desktops have the Chance !

Staff DO NOT Unpin or Delete this thread, This is for people who have this Processor and to stop them from wasting there time trying/posting a thread about it !

Hey thanks for showing us so we dont have to do all the work for nothing. Even tho I did anyways :P anyways I was wondering sense this does not work what other working option are there to get MAC OS on our AMD A8 proccesor? If any? I tried everything from Virtual Machines to multiple Distro please lmk what worked for you thanks

Hey thanks for showing us so we dont have to do all the work for nothing. Even tho I did anyways :P anyways I was wondering sense this does not work what other working option are there to get MAC OS on our AMD A8 proccesor? If any? I tried everything from Virtual Machines to multiple Distro please lmk what worked for you thanks

Virtual Machine seems not to work for me either idk why... Maybe cause they don't support EFI idk its up to niresh

Bronya 10.9 beta rc4 fix kernel will solve ur prob

Hi , i´m newbie , i have the niresh ´s  but i don´t know how to open the .dmg to put the bronya kernel , i´m desesperate , can you help me please?? without the kernel from bronya i type the flag amd64 -v and the screen goes to black , is that normal?

Virtual Machine seems not to work for me either idk why... Maybe cause they don't support EFI idk its up to niresh

so nothing works for a8? even snow lepord

Im gonna try it now, I ll report back the after results

Hello,

I was wondering how I can edit the iso file so that I can put Bronya's new kernel in.

Thanks.

Thinking of getting and AMD FX processor. Is it compatible? Or will I have issues like the APU?