Radeon R9 290 Graphics Kexts Not Installing
1 1

Hello, so I'm able to get Yosemite up and running on my desktop, however I cannot get the graphics kexts to install or work. I've followed the simple instructions of backing up the originals, installing and then rebuilding the system cache and permissions through the Kext Wizard, but to no avail. Anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong? Are they just bad kexts? Are my bootflags incorrect? Here's the specs and bootflags I used for my system:

AMD FX 8350 8-Core @ 4.0Ghz

MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB

ASUS M5A97 R2.0

AMD Radeon R9 Gaming RAM 4X4GB @ 2133Mhz

Corsair HX850 PSU

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB(Windows OS), WD Black 3TB performance drive(storage), WD Caviar Blue 320GB laptop drive(Mac OSX disk)

Boot Flags:

First USB Boot & Install: /amd1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No (these were recommended in a guide, but my system will boot and install with just /amd1 or /amd)

Post Install: Hard disk boots w/o any flags

Chameleon Wizard Bootflags: GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000(I get slightly better graphics performance with these, but my card doesn't register in the SMBIOS and I still get graphics freaking out when I log in and load programs like Safari, also I cannot change the resolution through the system settings, and if I change to 1920X1080X32 in Chameleon it makes Yosemite freeze on log in)

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet