[GUIDE] Install Yosemite on a Thinkpad T430
2 2

This guide is intended for the Lenovo Thinkpad T430 with Intel Graphics HD 4000. We’ll be using clover (it doesn’t matter if standard, uefi or efi, and it’ll probably work
with Chameleon too, but I haven’t tried it).
PC Specs:
Lenovo Thinkpad T430. Intel Graphics HD 4000, 1024mb vram, 1600x900 (but I also attached the required kext for the 1366x768 variant). Intel Core i5 Haswell 2.6 GHz.
What works:
Everything, except:
  • Bluetooth (I think I found out a guide which let you set up it, but I didn’t really cared about it, as I wasn’t going to use bluetooth anyway).
  • WiFi (yeah, it never works no matter which laptop you choose -except in some very rare cases-).
  1. Install your OS X Yosemite distribution (I chose Niresh’s Yosemite Zone because of its native support patch for MBR, as I have a Windows 7 partition and didn’t wanted to mess with it). I STRONGLY advise you to choose a clean copy of it, with just Clover (you may find one over Kickass.so), in case you don’t need MBR support. It’s cleaner and gives to less headaches (although I have to say that this distro is pretty good). In case you opt for the clear way, you will also have to download the Clover installer package from sourceforge; and Kext Wizard.
  2. Now, do whatever you have to do to make a bootable USB drive, and boot from it, but, and this is important, if you’re using clover, and until I say something different, don’t boot directly, because you will be stuck at the black screen. This is what you have to do:
    1. Go to options in the clover boot menu (normally a gear that’s under the OS selection).
    2. Then choose Graphics (or something like that, I don’t remember).
    3. Deactivate InjectIntel, and in FakeID, write 0x????????????, being ??????????? random numbers that you choose, obviously, different than 0. This way the installer won’t detect your graphic card and use generic drivers.
  3. You will be at the installation wizard. Install it:
    • If you’re using the clear way, do it normally.
    • If you’re using Yosemite Zone distro, which is easier, choose to install Clover (standard if you don’t know what are UEFI or EFI) and, if you want battery percentage, look for the patch. It’s somewhere between all those options.
  4. Once the installation is completed, there are two cases, depending on the source of installation:
    • The clear way: Boot again as stated previously (with the 0x????... thing) with your USB drive, but this time choose your OS X installation hard disk. Install Clover from the package you previously downloaded and with the default settings.
    • The not-so-clear way: Your PC will have clover already installed, so just boot it up as stated previously (with the 0x????... thing).
  5. Now, use Kext Wizard (included in Yosemite Zone) to install the Kexts that are in Extensions. Also, put DSDT.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. From the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri, go to the folder that applies to your resolution and install the kext inside it, but only the one that applies to you, not the rest.
  6. And... reboot. Voilà. You have you’re computer 100% working.

Now, if you plug some headphones in it, you will see that there’s so much noise. To solve this, go to Settings, VoodooHDA and choose on the switcher on the left

2. Headphones (Black Left), and reduce Input Gain to 0.
And that’s all. Enjoy!

I've also a attached the instructions in a PDF done with TextEdit in my new Hackintosh ;)

Instructions T430.pdf

1 answer to this question