"npcio=0x20000" yes that is an extra zero!!!!!!
1 1

Question

When I first saw this thread i laughed and said yeah that has to be a typo. Then to my amazement it solved an issue i have been struggling with for 6-8 months. I have a HP Pavilion dv6-3050us AMD laptop with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 that i could never get to boot into the installer. I tried Unibeast,myhack pandora, Niresh ect. I decided for the hell of it to try npci=0x20000 as a bootflag since i always get stuck on pci configuration begin. I went ahead put it in and BOOM SHAMA LAMA DING DONG!!!! :). IT WORKED!!!!! If there3 is any Genius's out there that care to explain this i would be happy to know more about this flag. Also Now that i have 10.9 installed i must use npci=0x20000 to get it booted no matter what also i must use USBBusFix=Yes EHCIreset=Yes UHCIacquire=Yes USBLegacyOff=Yes UseKernelCache=No npci=0x20000 in that order then i will get stuck at IOAPIC then i must play around with my mouse usb transmitter and 1-2 flash drives on the left side i have to put them in then pull them out or switch the usb transmitter with the usb flash drive When doing this I will get FAKESMC failed to initialize then what i do is use a flash drive on the front right usb port and all of a sudden it says smc initialized and and it will continue booting. This is quite a process and its super RATCHET!! LOL I am willing to provide anymore info if there is anyone out there willing to help me iron out these issues. So long story short "npci=0x20000" did help me finally get this machine to work and once i do get it booted it runs very smooth..

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet