Unable to successfully install under Virtualbox (tried two versions).
1 1

Would really like to install Yosemite under a VM (tried current version of Virtualbox and version 4.2.28) but unfortunately am running into difficulties on each and every attempt to install the OS. Tried Mavericks too without avail.

Tried to install onto two Win-7 (64-bit) Core i5 Laptop PCs that are less than 12-months old. Enabled VTx in the BIOS (otherwise at a guess a 64-Bit OS cannot be installed). Gone through all of the steps mentioned here (paying attention to 'Note 2') but unfortunately cannot get to the Welcome page.

Noticed the ISO virtual disk/installer is being accessed initially but the flashing green dot disappears almost straight away. The progress bar moves to about 50% whilst trying to install Yosemite and the spinner just keeps on spinning whilst trying to install Mavericks.

Am I making some fundamental mistakes somewhere along the line?

Would appreciate someones help as would really like to get OSX installed under a VM.

Ideally would like to be able to dual-boot into both Windows 7 and OSX Yosemite as opposed to running a VM but do not want to run before I'm able to walk so to speak.

Thank you.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet