Nightmare install on an HP Z400 - on the verge of giving up.
1 1

As the title says, this has been the biggest pain in the arse. And I've seen other z400s have success so I have no idea why mine is having so much trouble.
Here are the details:
HP Z400
3.06 QUAD CORE ZEON W3550 processor
I've been using Niresh, obviously.
There have been a lot of weird things that have happened during this install.  Installing Yosemite was a total disaster.  I couldn't get to the install screen.  And I couldn't even get it to work in Virtual Box.
Maverics was a different story.  After some finagling I got it running in virtual box, so I decided to give it a go for real.  I booted -x -v USBBusFix=Yes.
Tried the USB boot first and hit the Bluetooth error.  No way around it.  Next. I used the ISO burned to a DVD.  Using the same bootflags, I finally did make it to the install screen; I formatted my 150gb HD in Mac Extended Journaled,  but the install failed half way through.  On the log it said:

Unable to revert bless to target or imgsrc

Checked my BIOS.  It seems OK, but HP some weird setting with regard to the HDD - ACHI or SATA.  I'm kind of at my witts end.  I've searched the forums up and down.  There were a lot of unreplied posts.  Hopefully this time someone can help.

Thanks.  Let me know what other info is needed.

3 answers to this question

Well then, Niresh has done a wonderful job making a distro out of OS X, but so much for support from the community.  There seems to be a lot calls for help here and no one really cares. 

Support forum?  Yeah right.  Thanks a lot guys.