Unable to boot Niresh Yosemite (10.10.1) from HDD
2 2

Question

I have successfully installed Yosemite Distro (10.10.1 – Niresh) in one of the hard drive partitions but when I restarted my laptop (Acer ES-571-33Ys having Intel i3-4030U CPU @ 1.9 GHz processor (HASWELL) and inbuilt Intel HD Graphics 4440. No graphics card), I found only boot0 error. I view no bootloader icons from chameleon bootloader to boot from the hard drive.

Please note that I can only boot through my Yosemite zone restored USB. Without the USB I cannot boot from the hard drive partition.

The solution given for Hackintosh (which is not a readymade OS X) cannot be implemented for Niresh Distro (Yosemite 10.10.1) (which is a readymade OS X).

1 answer to this question

I had the same problem where right after the BIOS booting sequence there was only a black screen and blinking cursor but OS X would boot if booted through the Niresh USB key... In my case the problem was that I didn't partition my hard drive. OS X won't boot on anything larger than 1 tera. My HDD is 1.5 tera.... So I made one partition of 1 Tera and the second 500gig. Now OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 (later updated to 10.10.3) is booting fine from my HDD on my ASUS P6T DELUXE V2 motherboard in BIOS RAID mode WITH 2 NVIDIA video cards in SLI (even though I doubt that I'm getting any kind of advantages running like that on OS X)!