AMD FX won't boot using Clover
1 1

Question

I tried to install Yosemite 10.10.1 and i have successfully installed it before using the Chameleon bootloader, but i've had no success with the Clover bootloader and that's which bootloader i wish to use as it fixes the Imessage issue, but as I was always stuck between the boot and login screen. I know it has to do with the kernel, but i don't know where i repleace the kernel or if there's certain kexts i have to load. The only way i would make it past was in safe mode which is almost useless.

Has anyone had any success on an FX-8xxx Series CPU with the latest version of Yosemite-Zone (10.10.1) using Clover? If so, what configuration did you use?

My build:

CPU: AMD FX-8320, 3.5ghz

Ram: 10Gb DDR3

Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB

MoBo: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 AM3+

1 answer to this question

I tried to install Yosemite 10.10.1 and i have successfully installed it before using the Chameleon bootloader, but i've had no success with the Clover bootloader and that's which bootloader i wish to use as it fixes the Imessage issue, but as I was always stuck between the boot and login screen. I know it has to do with the kernel, but i don't know where i repleace the kernel or if there's certain kexts i have to load. The only way i would make it past was in safe mode which is almost useless.

Has anyone had any success on an FX-8xxx Series CPU with the latest version of Yosemite-Zone (10.10.1) using Clover? If so, what configuration did you use?

My build:

CPU: AMD FX-8320, 3.5ghz

Ram: 10Gb DDR3

Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB

MoBo: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 AM3+

I believe im having the same problem.  I am unable to boot from the initial usb to choose to start the install.  I believe the current ver is using clover.  i get a blank screen , usb works on other machines but not mine.    did u find a solution?

My Rig

I have a AMD FX-8350
ASRock 990FX Extreme4

ATI Radeon HD 7850 2gb 

32GB Ram